Bird song!!

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi peeps!
Well I seem to be able to identify a fair number of different species of birds now just by seeing them, but what would be even more helpful would identifying them by sound as you usually hear them before you see them!
I no some of the obvious ones, are there any helpful apps that are worth buying, I down loaded a couple of free ones but they were pretty rubbish!
Thanks in advance

Looks like it is £8.99 looks the biz! I take it you have used it? Thanks for that

Last edited:
Hi peeps!
Well I seem to be able to identify a fair number of different species of birds now just by seeing them, but what would be even more helpful would identifying them by sound as you usually hear them before you see them!

Apps are great if you've a rough idea as to what bird it is you're listening to. Not so useful if you've no idea.

I found the courses run by my local RSPB on identifying birds by their songs was very useful. Many RSPB reserves will run similar courses in the spring, once them foreign birdies arrive.

Apps are great if you've a rough idea as to what bird it is you're listening to. Not so useful if you've no idea.

I found the courses run by my local RSPB on identifying birds by their songs was very useful. Many RSPB reserves will run similar courses in the spring, once them foreign birdies arrive.
Its got photos so you can just look at the pics and then listen to its song to see if your right

I think it's a great little app! Like having a big bird book in your skyrocket!! + my daughter loves it!! Especially the puffin calls!!

Back