Birds, Noisy but Nice

Yv

TPer Emerita
Name
Yvonne, pronounced Eve...
Edit My Images
Yes
OK, as I already know most of the issues with these, mainly they are noisy as hell and not totally sharp, I thought I would share them here. Weather was really overcast all day, but got some very nice garden visitors, including some snow - just glad I wasn't in work so could capture it.

1 & 2 - well it had to be done, the 'umble Robin, with some snow :D

4190546788_9cccdd4096_o.jpg

4190547170_76728b40e8_o.jpg

3 - was very pleased to see the return of this chap. A very heavy crop but hopefully he/she will come a bit closer now food is scarcer - green woodie, spotted in tree at back of garden

4190546606_f682ef1ee0_o.jpg

4 - again, first time I have seen these for a few months, the dunnocks are back

4189787689_e9c37f3a81_o.jpg

5 - another from the tree, these are daily visitors atm and now found out why. There is a berry covered pyracantha in the garden over the back they rather like. Well, I think its pyracantha, anyone that can advise if thats what they like, would like to know so I can perhaps provide myself.

4190546406_e9b6885cbb_o.jpg

The berries in your Robin shots look like a form of Cotoneaster Yv, of which there are many varieties, all good for birdies.
Pyracantha and Berberis are also good for a wide range of bird species.

I like your 2nd Robin shot the best. :)

yep, they are cotoneaster Susane, well spotted, chopped from my front garden and added to my ...ehem... feeder studio. Birds seem to be ignoring them though, even the ones out on the plant :shrug:

Was thinking of planting some more shrubs in spring in the back to plug some gaps, so all three will probably feature (y)

Good plan Yv, they'll like your garden even more. (y)

Birds tend to leave the berries until later on in winter if they are getting a good supply of insects and food left on bird tables, when the ground gets harder and frostier then they'll strip the berry bushes.

Hi, what lens are you using and are you shooting from a hide?
Nice - whats the bird in 5? - not seen any of those near me.

Fantastic captures I really Like No.2 And No.5 Very sharp And Crisp and Great colours Very Well Done

Kirk

<coughs gently>

:nuts: oops, sorry. OK, lens for these is a sigma 120-300 attached to a Nikon D300 and on this occasion shot from my very big warm hide....living room window ;) Its all a bit blue peter with logs stuffed full and food and things to make the scenery look attractive and natural ;)

Back