Birds Of Prey

I'd like to take off the jesses in photoshop but Im not very good at it. I'll have to have a read up and do it.
Some nice captures there Joe :clap:. Taking out the Jesses is fine as long as you declare that they are captive birds - its when people try to pass off captive birds as wild ones that I object to.

Looks like the Hawk Conservancy to me....a great place for practicing techniques. Some nice shots there, and the wind was obviously just right for Cheyenne the Bald Eagle to come that close to you!

Looks like the Hawk Conservancy to me....a great place for practicing techniques. Some nice shots there, and the wind was obviously just right for Cheyenne the Bald Eagle to come that close to you!

Cheers Mike, theres a couple from the hawk conservancy but the majority was done on a falconry experience day which is amazing for taking pics too as you get very close to the birds even when flying.

The HC sometimes does photo days, Joe...I did one a few years ago and apart from posing some birds in some natural settings, to sit in the long cross as they fly an owl towards you is a great challenge for your focus technique!

Some great shots there, I particularly like the 2 woodland barn owls. Nice and sharp and colours look right to me. :)

She got mobbed by a load of crows the other day and came in for quite a fast landing!

Ha! Poor Cheyenne...I just like the fact that Yank tourists heading down the A303 to Stonehenge look up and think we have Baldies in this country, too!

man they are brill ,i have a kestrel out on the waste land where i live can you give me some tips, on getting the best shots,ive not done to badly so far but want too better myself,also getting the best locationstoo find wild birds of prey again great shots
thanks
mark

man they are brill ,i have a kestrel out on the waste land where i live can you give me some tips, on getting the best shots,ive not done to badly so far but want too better myself,also getting the best locationstoo find wild birds of prey again great shots
thanks
mark

Thanks alot Mark and sorry for delay in replying.
Maybe make a Kestrel thread on here and post your pics then people can give some tips on improving them. I love Kestrel pics especially hovering ones.

Back