Birmingham Christmas Market

Name
Nigel Cliff
Edit My Images
Yes
I never have the nerve to do street photography but the anonymity of the dark at the Christmas market made me give it a go the other night.

3103173880_518d4c31d5.jpg

3103172660_4a6d640982.jpg

3102337763_cf30cf83af.jpg

3102336545_e6a01688ce.jpg

Hello Mate,

I was gonna reply yesterday but had to quickly run out.

Right, please remember I am a novice IMO, so pinch of salt!

1: I feel you need more "background blur" to help isolate the subjects.

2: More contrast, more shadows, which will help create mood.

3: Does it have an outdoor area? Try and get some of it to help widen the "context" of the set...

I may be talking a load of tosh,

Gary.

Plan to visit the market myself this week. I'm nervous too so understand the trepidation.
1. Nicely exposed with good colour and detail but a little too busy
2. Looks a little over exposed. Good composition and great natural expression.
3. Has a nice Chrismassy feel to it. Two lovely friendly faces. Looks a little dark to me other wise nice shot.
4. Lovely colours which gives a feel for the mood of the market IMO anyway. Like the mans expression and think a good composition is spoilt by person in the background.

Well done for having the courage to go out and take the shots which are miles better then anything I could produce (y)

The top one is the one I find most interesting - although the lower foreground is a bit too distracting. Messing around with levels and contrast in the third one might make it a winner - you've got some nice expressions there.

They're all good though and for a first time - well done!

Thanks for all the comments they are really usefull,I should have said that these were taken on the Fuji 6500 rather than the Canon so thev quality will be slightly less.They were shot on programme because as I said I was a bit iffy about street photography and just wanted to get some half decent shots.
Duckydoodle the 2 ladies were really great and are situated just by the Helter Skelter so if you do go get a shot of them,they will pose for you guaranteed

Back