Birmingham skyline at dusk...

Edit My Images
Yes
So, this time last year, I brought my first dSLR a Sony A390 with 18-70mm and was eager to use every technique I could, I took this photo from the top of the Selfridges carpark, looking towards Digbeth...

Digbeth at night by NX4737, on Flickr

I quickly got bored of the A390 and wanted more in terms of quality, so I've upgraded to the A580 and now shoot with a 10-24 wide angle and 35mm prime, along with improved technique and knowledge, I've retook the above photo...

I've learnt a lot about composition, exposure etc, mostly from reading this forum, thanks! :D

It just goes to show how much you can improve over time!

Digbeth at night - V2.0 by NX4737, on Flickr
(Yes, I've had to edit out about 6 dustspots, time for a sensor clean I think.)

Adam.

I actually prefer the top one. The lights make it more interesting

Yes, I like the first but the second gives a nice change to show the difference the time of day makes :)

I prefer the buildings and lights in the first image, although the sky seems a lot more crisp and clear in the second, the sky in the first looks a little grainy.

I would say it would be good to see the second one took again in the same light levels as the first. Would also be good to hear why you prefer the second in case there is something I am totally missing on it :)

I prefer the first one as well, feels as if theres more life to the photo.

Cheers for the replys, I do like the first, just prefer the second for some reason!

:)

Back