Bit more fun...

Ambermile

A Whole Lot of Sparkle..
Name
Arthur
Edit My Images
No
So, I was having a bit of a dig, as you do, and came across my little Rollei Nano 80. This is a dead sexy little camera that I really like but ... (and it's a biggie) ... but it's an APS :eek:

No problem I am thinking, hey it's 24mm right? I have a spare Paterson reel I can "convert" to take the film and it would be a tragedy to not let that Rollei HFT Vario-Apogon come out to play now and again :D

Anyone else done similar? It took me a while to find even the film size let alone home developing info!

Hey - with the TLR project on hold I gotta do something!

***Hey - with the TLR project on hold I gotta do something***

Try and beat Fritz chess game? Microsoft's chess is easy. ;)

True... actually, after an interesting 20 mins on the Bay of the Capitalist Dogs, the TLR project is alive and kicking
possessed.gif

True... actually, after an interesting 20 mins on the Bay of the Capitalist Dogs, the TLR project is alive and kicking
possessed.gif

Please tell me your not going for a certain Yashica on there Arthur...*begs and grovels* .. I need that shutter lol

Yeah, I got the Yashica A, the other one had a knackered shutter. If it's any good to you then it's yours.

That's a no then Ian?

Anyway, done the spiral mod, figured out how to open the film door of the cassette, wound it on to the spiral and am now cooking
stirthepot.gif

Is it me or is it a wee bit peaceful in here tonight?

Whatever, cooking done - here's what we got... and as ever I refused to use my last Tetenal kit so it's ID-11 again :naughty:

Untitled-4.jpg

Untitled-11.jpg

Untitled-21.jpg

Untitled-17.jpg

Rest of the shots are here

Result? I kind of like it. There was not much (if any?) bw film made for the APS system - although the C41 bw stuff was to a certain extent made available - so doing things this way is going to be a bit odd. Would I do it again? Hell yeah, if the film came along cheap enough and I had a little beastie like the nano to play with... though those Vectis' do have a certain charm...

Hmmm...

Last edited:
Excellent :clap::clap::clap:

What did you do in terms of modifying the spiral Arthur - just reducing the height of the internal bits so they fit closer, or was it a bit more involved?

No, just allowed it to close up a bit - as you can see in the pic I had to fit a cleverly-designed clip (from the shower curtain) to hold it together but it worked just fine :LOL:

Ah - so it closes up tighter than before and the curtain ring clamps it in place. Gotcha...

Yup. None of the spirals I have here allowed trimming the internal part so that I would still be able to use it for other formats. So this one is pretty much APS forever. Which is fine as it's another film type I can play with
egypt.gif

yes, but... why? I mean I could do that too, but 500 hours spent doing something I have many boxes similar to?

yes, but... why? I mean I could do that too, but 500 hours spent doing something I have many boxes similar to?

Well he might have told the readers why he made a SLR & Rangefinder camera ;)

Life's too short to re-invent the wheel every time you wanna ride...

Sorry didn't see that Arthur, yeah I didn't fancy the A, Knackered shutter is handy to me.. cheers, I have a copal I need some parts for.

My bay account and bank account is starting to curse this section though, so damn addictive!!

Sorry didn't see that Arthur, yeah I didn't fancy the A, Knackered shutter is handy to me.. cheers, I have a copal I need some parts for.

My bay account and bank account is starting to curse this section though, so damn addictive!!

I completly agree there:shake:

It was the A I bought, has the Compur shutter unfortunately.

Back