Bit of Championship RL Action

Gary Coyle

In Memoriam
Name
Gary
Edit My Images
Yes
asked to cover Featherstone v Sheffield as if Featherstone won they would be presented with the League Trophy, bit of an anti climax and a poor game, Sheffield won 32-30.

fev01.jpg

fev02.jpg

fev03.jpg

fev04.jpg

fev05.jpg

fev06.jpg

Liiking #4 and tehre's something about 7 crying out for a caption about keeping your eye on the ball...or did he just lose it LE suggests?

Good to see one of my ex schoolmates in picture 3.

Number 7 is interesting as well.

both 1 and 5 are from a sequence of a 3 shot burst, im not a spray and pray and like to think i have a good enough knowledge of the game to be able to anticipate things.

300mm AF-S ED II with 1.4x attached.

Once again Gary that is a great set. Love the timing on 1 & 5.

Can I ask how many shots you fire off to get these? Are these just single shots with exquisite timing or do you take advantage of the X FPS?

Also what lens are you using on these is it you that has the 400 2.8 or do you use the 300 with a TC?

Who's that then Rob, Greeny is from down your neck of the woods isn't he.

Yep, his parents still live down at the end of my road and I was in the same class as his wife. He's not really changed that much over the years, although, it still seems strange seeing him in a Sheffield shirt.

The last professional rugby player to come from the school we attended was ex Castleford player Martin Ketteridge.

Good to see you yesterday Gary, cracking shots as per usual.

One day I will get to your high standard, will put mine up this week.

I like No.8 think it sums up Sheffields performance.

Hi Gary. Sorry to hijack your thread but I can't PM you for some reason. I have a thread here http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=247832 and I pulling my hair out trying to decide between a Nikon 400 2.8 or 300 2.8 with 1.4TC. Someone on my thread said that you were shooting with the 300 2.8 and 1.4TC combo. You seem to be having great success with that combo so just wanted you thoughts on it really to help me decide. I am shooting the European Swimming Championships next month professionally so I need the highest IQ possible which is leaning me towards the 400, but I do not yet know how much reach i will need so thought the 300 may give me a bit more flexibility. Put the TC on when needed and off when not. What effect does the TC have for you.... How badly is focusing and IQ affected? I am shooting a D3 so similar set up to you, and it is an outdoor competition so hopefully light inst an issue. If you could give me any advice it would be greatly appreciated. You could PM me or reply in my original thread so this one doesn't get clogged up!

Thanks, Rogan.

PS Great set as usual!

Great colours & action Gary(y), which got used? #1 or 11 is my bet?:D. Kind regards Graham.

Bloody Pic editors! what do they know:razz: LOL. well done Sir(y)
I bet that was down to the "shoot/crop" tight info from Dave?? LOL

Last edited:
Back