Bit of London

Name
niki
Edit My Images
Yes
I went to london back in November 2011..had a go at urban photography..and forgot all about these..
critique and feed back welcome

streetimage1.jpg

urban8.jpg

urban7.jpg

street3.jpg

urban6.jpg

Thanks for looking

niki
x

1 and 5 are definitely my favourites, especially no. 5, has a real 40's feel to it ;) 4 is also interesting and I'd say these 3 are much better than 2 and 3. These shots lack a compelling subject and the colours a slightly dull.

1 and 5 are definitely my favourites, especially no. 5, has a real 40's feel to it ;) 4 is also interesting and I'd say these 3 are much better than 2 and 3. These shots lack a compelling subject and the colours a slightly dull.

Wow thankyou! that is an amzing compliment..i love 30-40's photography my fave era of photographic history :clap:
i definatly agree with you in regards to 2 and 3..i felt so sorry for that homeless person..quite a reality check for me down in cornwall..people were just throwing ciggy butts at him..and he smelt of pee :crying:..really hit a nerve with me..then i got chased by his fellow freind lol..telling me to leave him alone..needless to say i ran :LOL:

niki
x

Am in agreement that 1 and 5 are the standout images. Nothing too wrong with 2 and 4 but they are maybe a little bit touristy. I really like the long exposure in 1 - where the movement of people has been blurred - it makes for an energetic image.

The bw conversions also add to the documentary feel of these too.

Cheers

Spooks

1 and 5 for me as well. 2 and 3 are a bit flat and lacking in impact for me. 4 just lacks a real draw for me.

1 I'd have liked to have been cropped ever so slightly lower, to get the figure in the foreground in the picture entirely (just a minor thing but I'd like to have his feet in the pic) apart from that though it's a lovely image.

5 my only criticism of would be the figure on the platform blends into the black of the tunnel too much. If they were a little closer to the camera the composition would be improved.

Why add the vignette?

It almost makes sense on #5, but on the others it just feels like a distraction.

Back