Bit wild here last night

dod

TPer Emeritus
Name
Ebenezer McScrooge III
Edit My Images
Yes
Got up this morning to find this :( This was just up for about 3 months after the last one found it's way into the neighbours field because of the wind. Any one else got any damage?

shed.jpg

no, all quiet down here. Apparently the strongest winds in about 10 years in scotland last night.

Might I suggest some form of cement or permanent fixings for your sheds in future?

To lose one is unlucky. to lose two is bordering on ............ (fill space as desired)

there is a permanent base, ripped it right off it :(

"Toto, I've got a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore"

Thats pretty scary - wasnt bad at all here last night.

dod said:
there is a permanent base, ripped it right off it :(

a more aerodynamic structure then?

Sorry, I know this probably isn't helping much. I should be offering my condolences. A man has been seperated from his shed.

gandhi said:
a more aerodynamic structure then?
:ponders: It's a shed

WOw...I live on a hill so always have the wind a whistling here. Some ideas to keep your shed intact next time :-

- Steel Guy ropes to each corner as per tent.
- Cement 4 inner posts to shed down 2 feet into base
- Build a diffuser fence to worse side of shed (eg. slats off set on post to allow say 50% of wind through.

It was a little scary on my drive home down the coast from Aberdeen to Montrose last night, but no structural damage that I could see.

I knew there was a reason bricks were invented :LOL:

On the upside.....thats one hell of a shed!
The only sure way to keep that sucker on the floor is either internal frame work sunk into the base, or steel brackets onto the floor all around the sides of it.

And there was me moaning about the amount of leaves on the front lawn the morning after i'd just raked a load up.

Or I suppose you could just loosen a few fixings, open the door, and hold on for one hell of a ride.

In my imagination there is a shed base with all the contents still neatly in their original positions. Doubt that matches the reality :)

blimey! Have a word with the builder Dod, hes put it together upside down....

Make a survey of what people up your way did for storage 150 years ago. You'll find wooden sheds a bit thin on the ground.
Seriously if it keeps happening you might consider something more permanent if you can skirt the planning regs.

Back