Bizarre sized photo (what to do)

Name
You can call me Sir.
Edit My Images
Yes
I've got some panoramic photos, cropped to 12"x5" which is a size that photobox printout automatically so I don't have to play with scissors:nono: . I'm just wondering if anyone has any ideas for mounting or framing. Do you get a mount with a custom aperture made in a standard size or a custom made frame (£££££££££££!)?

cheers all
Kev

I cut my own mounts for use in standard sized frames. For a 12"x5" you should be able to get one of these three in one frames of a suitable size and then cut a mount for it.

The bevel cutter is a bit of an investment though, I paid about £16 for mine and it takes a bit of practice to get the cuts looking decent but if you're going to end up doing a few it's worthwhile.

Now there's an idea. Thanks very much.

Pain in the arse things, just make sure you don't pick up one of the cheap ones, they really don't work IMO. I had so much trouble with them when mounting my work for display.
If you do get one that works though, would be very interested in which model you get.
Good luck.

Alternatively, have a gander around local artistry shops - many do framing, and they're not that expensive. IMO.

The one useful thing I learned in college was how to cut & mount (stop sniggering at the back).
My tutor told me that the cutter in class was about £70/80 worth, and that the cheap ones werent any good.
rpstewart, Id be interested to hear how the £16 one holds up to a few uses?

I've certainly had no issues with the cutter - it's just a cast hand grip with a scalpel blade mounted at an angle. I've tried one of the ones with that fit over the straight edge etc but it didn't run smoothly on the runners.

Well I've finally got things sorted. I got mounts and backing board made for £4 each set and a frame from ikea for about £3.50. What do you think is a fair price for them seeing as all in all they've cost about £10 each?

tpf2.jpg

tpf1.jpg

They look like nice pictures but the reflection really spoils the shot..oops wrong thread. lol :D

Looks like a job well done I would say kev

Back