Bizzzar Lighting

Name
Mike Guthrie
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi there

I hope this is the right place to post this.

I have a canon 400d and i have the standard kit lens and a sigma 24-70 f/2.8

I recently bought a cactus v2 wireless flash trigger, and it works fine when u press the test button. It sends the flash to the flash gun, and it lights up.

However when i arrange the flash in a position to take a picture this happens

agh.JPG

however when I stick the flash on the hot shoe directly it works ok.

That picture was taken on iso 100, and 250th of a second.

Any ideas why its doing it.

Oh btw the flash gun is a jessops 360afdc

cheers

Mike

The off camera trigger probably won't sync at such a high shutter speed. If you drop that down to 125th it'll most likely be fine. :)

Definately got your shutter speed set too high.

mine only works to 1/200

EDIT: Although i am talking about flash on camera

cool cheers

I will try changing the shutter speed down and see if that makes differecne

However I have just droppped my flash gun off the couch and I need to piece it back together

grrrrrrrrrrr

mike

all fixed and even rattled off a shot

this is unedited.

kermit.JPG

i purchased a kit of ebay with 2 lights, stands and silver brollies, and also a black and a white background sheet.

going to try my hand at this type of work, well with subjects that are not stuffed. LOL

Mike

The photo could be a bit better.

Up the f stop number so you would get a darker black background and then just up the flash power so that your subject is correctly exposed.
With respect, the answer is to have the subject much further from the background, so that the power of the light from the flash has fallen off by the time it reaches the background.

That leaves the problem of unwanted light on the part of the background that your subjects are sitting on. Control that by using a flag, which is a piece of black card or similar placed between the light and the subject.
Job done - except for the lighting on the subject itself, camera height and exposure - shut up Garry:LOL:

Back