Black 5, 45212

Name
Michael
Edit My Images
No
1st steam movement of the year for me, makes a change to get something local. 45212 seen here through Ilkeston at just after 20:30 on the 4th January on its way to Toton from Carnforth.

So crazy high iso, but pleased with the outcome after a bit of editing, so I thought I would post it up!

by Michael Johnson, on Flickr

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
Looks good to me,Michael. Well done, very brave of you.I wonder, sometimes,if technology will ever overcome noise, I suppose it will eventually, one way or another

Bit of snow....is it ?

OP
OP
michael23
Name
Michael
Edit My Images
No
Looks good to me,Michael. Well done, very brave of you.I wonder, sometimes,if technology will ever overcome noise, I suppose it will eventually, one way or another

Bit of snow....is it ?
Hi John, the more I do this the more I consider a full frame camera, but cost is so high! This was at f2, someone else there was using a sigma 35 1.4, so I may consider a faster aperture lens at some point.
No snow unfortunately, just lots of salt on the platform and the station lighting making it look so.

Edit My Images
Yes
Too much contrast. The loco is too dark and the platforms edges are blown out. Also too much area in front of the loco. You pressed the shutter too early. 6/10.

OP
OP
michael23
Name
Michael
Edit My Images
No
Too much contrast. The loco is too dark and the platforms edges are blown out. Also too much area in front of the loco. You pressed the shutter too early. 6/10.
I did have a couple after this but I missed focus on them unfortunately, Thanks for the comments. I had another go at the edit after reading your thoughts. Certainly won't get anything better out of the file. I think I prefer the 1st image.

IMG_3695 (1)
by Michael Johnson, on Flickr

Last edited:
Edit My Images
Yes
I like that better.The platform edges are correct now they are grey in reality .More detail in the wheel gear.But you have difficulty becuse it is high ISO.

Good for a moving train at night. 8/10.

Last edited: