Black-browed Albatross

Edit My Images
Yes
I've done a search and surprised no ones posted any images of this beauty at Bempton Cliffs, especially as its been visiting now for 5 years.

Anyway, 3rd time lucky for us, we've seen it before but only at distance.

Turned up at Bempton about 18.00hrs Thursday, first visit over there this year and it had just returned back to the cliffs , lucky, as it hadn't been spotted for a few days :banana:

D500, 500pf, 1/2000th, f5.6, ISO 2000

Light was poor but you can't have everything :)

As with all my threads, critique always welcome

Albatross 1024 1.jpg

Albatross 1024 2.jpg

Albatross 1024 3.jpg

Albatross 1024 4.jpg

Albatross 1024 5.jpg

I don't know anything about bird photography but I just wanted to post as I do like this set as you've included pictures from just about every angle, above, seemingly level and from below. They all look just about technically perfect to me and I can appreciate how difficult this must be in less than idea lighting. So, all in all, I liked the pictures and well done :D

I don't know anything about bird photography but I just wanted to post as I do like this set as you've included pictures from just about every angle, above, seemingly level and from below. They all look just about technically perfect to me and I can appreciate how difficult this must be in less than idea lighting. So, all in all, I liked the pictures and well done :D

Thank you Alan.

I'd like to say I was halfway down the cliffs and at its level but honesty is always the best policy :angelic:

They're all actually taken from above, so pov is looking down. As the bird banks round it gives the appearance of being at the same level, a little deceiving but does make for a more pleasing image, cheers

I'd like to say I was halfway down the cliffs and at its level but honesty is always the best policy :angelic:

They're all actually taken from above, so pov is looking down. As the bird banks round it gives the appearance of being at the same level, a little deceiving but does make for a more pleasing image, cheers
Nice honest set Phil :)

Nice shots, I like the first one best. Have only seen mollymawks in New Zealand, had no idea it was possible to see one off Bempton cliffs.

Excellent set and I would have been pleased to have taken any one of them.

Nice honest set Phil :)

Thanks Chris ;)

Ah. I see. Well done though :D

Thanks again Alan

Lovely set Phil

Thanks Gav

Nice shots, I like the first one best. Have only seen mollymawks in New Zealand, had no idea it was possible to see one off Bempton cliffs.

Thanks Glenn, no not seen those, I'll have a Google and take a look.

Obviously the Albatross shouldn't be here, rather than explain, this is quite an interesting link from last year, telling its story :)

https://yorkshireswildlife.co.uk/th...-browed-albatross-to-rspb-bempton-cliffs.html

Excellent set and I would have been pleased to have taken any one of them.

Thank you Roger

Back