Black Dancefly

• Thread starter Deleted member 3428
  • Start date
It is a stunning little critter and you've nailed the eyes.

I'm not convinced it's a dance fly though.

Unfortunately, I've no idea what it actually is.

Obviously spends a lot of time looking up.... great capture and superb detail on the eyes, please don't tell me you took it with your phone. :eek:

It is a stunning little critter and you've nailed the eyes.

I'm not convinced it's a dance fly though.

Unfortunately, I've no idea what it actually is.
Cheers Simon, I think it is one of the Empis species but like all these things I'm open to surgestions on what it may be.

Obviously spends a lot of time looking up.... great capture and superb detail on the eyes, please don't tell me you took it with your phone. :eek:
No I used the Panny fz38 and raynox msn 202, it was a tiny fly about 5mm I would say.

Great eye and back detail Alby.

I guess at the working distance you would have had, not too much DOF available?

Cheers
Mark

Sent from my iPhone using Talk Photography Forums

I would have guessed dance fly, although I'm certainly no expert. Great shot Alby.

cracking shot...fantastic detail.
Cheers Owen ;)
Great eye and back detail Alby.

I guess at the working distance you would have had, not too much DOF available?

Cheers
Mark

You are right Mark, this fly was tiny so dof was tiny also using the 202 Raynox.Thanks for passing by ;)

Cheers Owen ;)
You are right Mark, this fly was tiny so dof was tiny also using the 202 Raynox.Thanks for passing by ;)

I always admire your work and remember the stacking images you did with the MPE-65.

Awesome photography as always! :)

I would have guessed dance fly, although I'm certainly no expert. Great shot Alby.
Yes Tim I am sure it is a Empis but as to which one would be anyone's guess. Thanks for passing by ;)
Aah, perhaps my idea of what a dance fly is could well be wrong.
Lot of species of dance, dagger and ballonflies in this group so not the easiest to sort.

Back