Black darters

-Oy-

Worzel Gummidge
Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
Had a quick hour at Risley Moss in Warrington this afternoon.

D800 - Nikon 300mm F/4

RM080815-6.jpg~original

RM080815-5.jpg~original

RM080815-7.jpg~original

No 1 for me.

See a lot of them when fishing but if I go with camera they are too fast and decide not to land for me.

Trevor

Three very nice images Dave, with some great detail.(y)

George.

Dave, is it hit and miss finding them, or is there a 'best place to go'. I've never been to Risley Moss; I assume there is a lake...

@joetheslug - there are definitely best places to go. You don't need a lake for dragons - just some water nearby for them to breed in. Risley Moss has lots of ponds etc but these were not taken at them. Once emerged a lot of species only return to the water to lay eggs.

@-Oy- Any pointers for where you went ,,, I went out for the first time early doors, 03:30, and drove to Yorkshire for a dawn shoot...I don't fancy it every weekend...if you can't no worries...

For Black Darters follow the path behind the visitor centre and past the pool with the wooden seating viewing area. Take a right at the T-Junction and look for a small wild flower area on the right in the 2nd clearing you come to. There's a sign saying "Please do not pick the wild flowers". There are usually about half a dozen sat on the sign if the sun is out lol. :)

Back