Black dress

Well you're right, she is.

I prefer no3, though the detail on her right cheek seems blown.

The others are, I think, let down by the cropping/poses regarding her hand placement and arms being chopped. No4 for instance: her right arm looks cut off where it disappears behind her; good expression, pose, lighting and DOF though.

No2, annoying lock of hair at her forehead.
All in all pretty good, just a few annoying niggles.

Hope this helps, I doubt I could do as well :)

Well you're right, she is.

I prefer no3, though the detail on her right cheek seems blown.

The others are, I think, let down by the cropping/poses regarding her hand placement and arms being chopped. No4 for instance: her right arm looks cut off where it disappears behind her; good expression, pose, lighting and DOF though.

No2, annoying lock of hair at her forehead.
All in all pretty good, just a few annoying niggles.

Hope this helps, I doubt I could do as well :)

Thanks buddy, I do notice I always have troubles with arms and hands haha. Something I'll work on in future shoots.

Thanks buddy, I do notice I always have troubles with arms and hands haha. Something I'll work on in future shoots.

I'm no expert, I'm sure one will be along shortly... :)

I like no 3, I think a simple hand on the waist would have worked. Pretty model, looks like you have your DOF just right!

I can only echo what had already been said, no. 3 is my favourite even if the right side of her face seems a little blown. No.4 would of also been great if you had found something to do with her hand.

Did you take these on a windy day? Her hair seems a bit wild but I don't know if that's her usual style. It's a personal niggle that probably doesn't bother anyone else but I'd of taken a hair brush with me :)

I can only echo what had already been said, no. 3 is my favourite even if the right side of her face seems a little blown. No.4 would of also been great if you had found something to do with her hand.

Did you take these on a windy day? Her hair seems a bit wild but I don't know if that's her usual style. It's a personal niggle that probably doesn't bother anyone else but I'd of taken a hair brush with me :)

Fair play, thanks! :) and well it was a slightly windy day but both me and model prefer messy hair so we stuck to that.

No.4 for me the best of them, apart from that right hand (just placed on right hip would've set it off nicely) :). Nice composition too and nicely lit (y)

Hi Cezar, you have a lovely model there who is indeed beautiful.

My advice would be to think hard before you go out like this. Think about what image you want to portray. Why you want to take them. What do you want to get across. With some prep and forethought, it is amazing how quickly results improve.

I dont subscribe to the "all limbs must not be cut off"point of view. Some VERY eminent and respected portrait photographers chop off limbs for fun! It isnt a pre-requisite not to. Be flamboyant with your style, go for it. No need to do what everyone else does. Be you. Take them for you.

My only comment about the set are that they are 'safe'. There is nothing to grab me or interest me (other than your pretty friend of course). Have some fun, messy hair is fine, create a look around it. Work with your models character.

Hope this helps, otherwise, ignore me, I go away eventually!!

Back