Black Fives

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
Almost didn't get this. It was running 27 minutes late at one stage but dropped to 15 minutes by the time it got near Gloucester so I just went locally to get them.It was a double-header. They replaced the original loco, Tangmere. I think the second loco is 45407..'Lancashire Fusilier'.The tour is called "Great Britain XV1. A British Infantry Corps in WW1. The tour ran from Victoria to Margate to Cheltenham.. As ever, with cuttings, it was in the shade at this time of day..6.50pm.

I found this online:

The Locos hauling the service this year (XV1) are minimal, as previous years saw a multitude of steam locos utilised:- 46100 Royal Scot, 70000 Britannia, 34046 Braunton, A4 60009 Union of South Africa ( retired now) and many more, however several are receiving or have just received overhauls and are ” running in”, whilst others are awaiting attention, such as King class 6024, 60532 Blue Peter, A2 60163, A3 Flying Scotsman, 70013 Oliver Cromwell and 5029 Nunney Castle.

138.jpg

Blue Peter is back in steam and i believe to be near the end of her trials at the seven valley , Britannia is also back in steam and doing mainline testing , Oliver Cromwell is now only for heritage railways as far as i know

Looks cleaner without the signal in the frame (y)

Back