Black for a Orange

Name
Bryn
Edit My Images
Yes
Last edited:
Trying out a new Copyright what you think?

Your new copyright would look better without the rising shadow effect as it looks jumbled and fights for attention. A drop shadow effect would work better but with a less intense shadow and not quite so far offset from the main text. Usually about 30 degrees to the bottom right works best, the rising shadow effect also gives a slightly spooky effect which I'm sure is not what you are after (I maybe wrong). The last two of your images appear to have a less shadow effect on the copyright than the first two and this looks better. Bear in mind that if this copyright was over part of the image that is very light in tone then the main text would be lost and probably the shadow effect would then show up more than the main text which is not a good thing. What I am saying is demonstrated partly if you look at the words ("The") & ("Things") in your second shot, looks very jumbled.

George.

Last edited:
Yowser, that's close! Great set Bryn. I'd prefer a bit more DoF in some cases (even if it means sacrificing some detail) or maybe attempt a short 2/3 image stack?

Loving the new logo, although agree with George's comments above (the rising shadows really so make it look spooky!). Great name too, can we expect a website to follow?? ;)

Man thats one fearsome looking fly :) No2 especially so.

Bags of detail as usual Bryn. Great logo too nice touch :)

Lovely set with great colour, big NO to the watermark though, "all the Small Things" aren't they a rock band lol! Seriously though, drop shadows are a designers dream in the 90's but a designers nightmare in this century, can't remember the last time I used a drop shadow on anything, makes me cringe just looking at it!

Love the No.2,3 &5(y) Good looking guy:naughty:

It is a sawfly in the family of Tenthredinidae,should be Selandria Serva. But you may need to double check, don't count on me on IDs:p

Thanks it could be either or OP or your ID images on Google seem to have both species mixed up.

Your new copyright would look better without the rising shadow effect as it looks jumbled and fights for attention. A drop shadow effect would work better but with a less intense shadow and not quite so far offset from the main text. Usually about 30 degrees to the bottom right works best, the rising shadow effect also gives a slightly spooky effect which I'm sure is not what you are after (I maybe wrong). The last two of your images appear to have a less shadow effect on the copyright than the first two and this looks better. Bear in mind that if this copyright was over part of the image that is very light in tone then the main text would be lost and probably the shadow effect would then show up more than the main text which is not a good thing. What I am saying is demonstrated partly if you look at the words ("The") & ("Things") in your second shot, looks very jumbled.

George.

Ok will relook at sig...

Yowser, that's close! Great set Bryn. I'd prefer a bit more DoF in some cases (even if it means sacrificing some detail) or maybe attempt a short 2/3 image stack?

Loving the new logo, although agree with George's comments above (the rising shadows really so make it look spooky!). Great name too, can we expect a website to follow?? ;)

Eventually a website/square space or blog or something.

Agree more DOF would have been good but earlier wasn't have much luck with focus on f11 so went back to trusty f8.

glad you like the logo I thought it was cool. Will remove shadow completely.

Man thats one fearsome looking fly :) No2 especially so.

Bags of detail as usual Bryn. Great logo too nice touch :)

Thanks Steve much appreciate the comment.

Lovely set with great colour, big NO to the watermark though, "all the Small Things" aren't they a rock band lol! Seriously though, drop shadows are a designers dream in the 90's but a designers nightmare in this century, can't remember the last time I used a drop shadow on anything, makes me cringe just looking at it!

It's a song by Blink 182 but that should just help people remember ;) any suggestions on shadow or best not to have one at all?

No shadow...I found some other blink182 titles...not all are suitable :eek:

Back