Black Mountains

Name
Mike Whitmore
Edit My Images
Yes
Been down here for over 2 years now and have never ventured into these parts before :bonk: more fool me. I will certainly be exploring more in the future!

Theres a panorama in my Flickr, but the medium size is too small and the large size is too big to post :shrug:

3223544488_10c00e2d4e.jpg

3222681053_dbc0595cf9.jpg

3222700871_789d8d7858.jpg

3222704227_b8670ff2b4.jpg

3223530836_3e7748cb82.jpg

3222667183_ca4b967a45.jpg

3222660749_d571061c40.jpg

C&C Welcome

Cheers, Mike.

Last edited:
really like the compositions with the roads, very different to what we normally see. Not sure abot some of your blues though they've gone a it far past natural for me.

Yeah I've become a bit of a addict to my sky blues recently so my judgement in that area is probably blinded slightly :LOL: Thanks for your comments :)

I simply had to comment after you posted a response to my thread in the Motor/Transport section... :D I recognise those roads you've photographed; as you'll no doubt be aware my partner and I (and friends) often frequent them for a little driving enjoyment.

It's a great set you've posted up here and I really like the vivid colours and slight unnatural over-colouring of the sky. I'm also liking the contrast in the colour images. Great captures and nicely processed. (y)

Out of the set my favourites are 1 and 5.

All great shots... really liking how youv`e done these.

Hard to pick faves as they are all so good but I think 1, 6 and 7 would just get the nod. Lovely clear/sharp shots. Love the skies.

(y)

How did you get so low down for the last one?

Great angle.

Last edited:
Thanks for the comments guys :)

All great shots... really liking how youv`e done these.

Hard to pick faves as they are all so good but I think 1, 6 and 7 would just get the nod. Lovely clear/sharp shots. Love the skies.

(y)

How did you get so low down for the last one?

Great angle.

I was pretty much on the floor in the middle of the road :LOL: but with the 10-20 it gives a nice wide angle.

love them. how do you get so much colour in the sky?

Thanks :) it's actually a preset in Lightroom that is designed to boost the colour of the sky. I think it basically adjusts the saturation (maybe hue as well?) of the blue and aqua sliders.

I'm not sure if this is within the boundaries of the pixel police but I'll try it and see ;)

3223554434_1b0c3d75f6_b.jpg

They are all good but no 5 for me too - why do I seem to like shots of empty roads :thinking:

I like the opposition between the wild nature and the standardized road but also the blue ribbon of the second picture.

#1, #2 and #5 are my favourites of this well balanced set.

Dont post very often, but I like those pics my kind of pictures, good job :)

Thanks for the comments guys, much appreciated :)

Really like them - must take a venture down in the car for a drive and some togging one weekend...

DB

very good, cant fault em'. well shot

Cheers chaps, Impspeed its really worth the trip.

Pick a nice day and walking round the mountains is just so peaceful. #1 was completely quiet and still but move across the road towards the armco and there was a beautiful clear stream flowing at the bottom of the valley. :)

great stuff - 1 and two stand out for me, awesome scenery, 6 also offers something else :)

Some great shots there. I like one and five. Love the processing in five :)

Thank you all for the kind comments :D

Yeah as Meirion said, they have used the Black Mountains to film a feature on the Mercedes CLK Black Edition. Along with some roads in the Gower I was told.

Back