Black n White Experiment

STARRIDER

In Memoriam
Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
Wonder what you think of this couple of shots..just started to get to grips with b/w conversions..
p1052194041-4.jpg

p1021402397-4.jpg

p733233773-4.jpg

Be as brutal as you like..:D

number 1 and 3 don't do anything for me but number 2 is spot on.

nice dof, composition and eye contact and the processing works well.

I think #1 without the camera case(?) would look better, but #2 is a belting portrait and my fave, #3 although a nice expression would benefit from eye contact :)

In all three the B&W is really nicely done! :)

The only thing about 2 is that the top of the hat has been cropped - otherwise excellent.

No 3 I think is too tight - you've clipped her back and I'm not sure what is in front of her?

The only thing about 2 is that the top of the hat has been cropped - otherwise excellent.

No 3 I think is too tight - you've clipped her back and I'm not sure what is in front of her?

They are really good , what did you use to convert them to black and white
Thank for all your input..Yeah sorry about the hat..in #3 she was standing close to someone dancing and for conversion i used NIK Siver EfexPro

I like number #2! (y)

#3 is just a little smooth and boring for me, and #1 I like but find the OoF foreground too much of a distraction. Works better for me cropped just below the base of the in-focus glass.

Number 2 is really engaging as a shot and has been converted well, as mentioned above. Nice job!

Number 2 is great - photo looks like the chap looks like there is a story behind him

Hi Dave, Your first shot doesn't really do anything for me either I'm afraid, it seems a bit 'untidy' but could work with a few less bits on the table I think.

The second one has a real wow factor and it's a real stand out from the other 2 for me. It ticks all the boxes great subject, well exposed nice depth of field. I probably wouldn't mention this if it wasn't posted in the Indepth Critique forum but there is a slight distraction from the noise around the out of focus V shaped thingy towards the left of the frame. A very minor niggle though and like I said only mentioning it because it is posted in this section. (y)

The third one is (reaches for that dreaded word) nice :D . I think maybe a crop to just around her shoulders would improve it though, or to just below her pendant. It would help to remove the half of the hand and half elbow as well as the piece of cloth at the left hand edge and still leave a good portrait.

Just my tuppence worth
Tommy.

Back