Black Sail Pass

Name
Neil
Edit My Images
Yes
One from the trip to the Lake District - First mono conversion.

Taken with my trusty 30d and 17-40

2794344318_ff1e55c0c0_o.jpg

Love to know what you think.

Uploading to the web has already lost the sharpness! Grrrr

Cheers,
Neil

Ohh, very moody and very nice :) Can't add anything to that.

Yeah - that's cool. Not a lot to crit about it because I really like it. Its a dark moody shot and all the better for it.

Very nice, moody and dramatic. Well done. The BW conversion works well.

Nice. Did Black Sail about 10yrs ago with the mountain bike, stunning area, well captured

Great image Neil - and well suited to mono.

Sometimes it is worth running a little smart sharpen after re-sizing images to get that sharpness back. (y)

Thanks for the comments, glad to see this one is a thumbs up.
Gary I always struggle with sharpening for the web and keeping this within the file upsize limits of 200.

Now that is funny as I never considered the file size issue as I usually host elsewhere (the TP image limit is a tad stingey as I feel it only suitable for images of 650 pixels wide) however a quick test took a 176Kb image up to 186kb with a bit of judicious sharpening - well I never! :D

Now that is funny as I never considered the file size issue as I usually host elsewhere (the TP image limit is a tad stingey as I feel it only suitable for images of 650 pixels wide) however a quick test took a 176Kb image up to 186kb with a bit of judicious sharpening - well I never! :D

Well there ya go :)
Using Canons own software a slight tweak takes it way above that (in some cases 100Kb!!!) , allot easier to control in PS. I also host elsewhere but always try to keep below 200kb so that I can display here.

Back