black swan c/c please

photomad

Suspended / Banned
Edit My Images
Yes
a black swan what do you think?

swan2_copy.jpg

I think it needs a little more space in front of the Swan, and it seems a little overexposed.

It's really down to personal preference.

I like it. Composition seems spot on to me, but like namllihs said it's all down to personal preference. It does look a tad overexposed, but I know how hard these things can be to photograph. Maybe a lower angle would have been better though.

This is so much better than the pics you posted the other day btw :D And also a much better subject :LOL: (I hardly ever like photographs unless they've got birds or insects in them :p )

Where was this taken?

lol the reason i didnt get any lower was the concrete was covered it duck s--t

You should be prepared to do anything for the sake of a good photograph ;)

Although I wimped out of lying on the ground too last time I went to somewhere like that :D

Don't think I've seen a really black swan close up before....good shot!

I'm looking at this via my laptop, and the angle of the screen is really critical.....straight up and pic looks overexposed, but angled back and it looks fine......(never can be sure what angle you "should" have laptop screens at, for images). Agree about the crop though....try it a bit closer to the back and a bit more space in front....so it has somewhere to go...:)

it was taken at dawlish in devon. bout 5 mins from my house

there are about 40 there and they breed there as well.

could you explain overexposed to me and how to remedy it.?

you explained perfectly

i just wanted you to confirm what i already know cause as a previous post photostar said when looking at it on a laptop the pic sometimes does look different depending on the angle of the screen.

ive moved my screen about and see what you mean.

wedding pics are esier that a moving object.

cheers ewan

Do you use the auto mode on your camera mostly, photomad?

If you open it up in Photoshop and look at the histogram, you will see it is skewed to the right hand side.

janice mostly i did today

i set the aperture like ewan taught me and i just got a white screen, when the pic was taken.

i put it to auto and it was fine

You shouldn't really have got a white screen if you were setting the aperture in aperture mode. This will correct the shutter speed at the same time to compensate.

Were you in Manual mode by accident and left the shutter open too long for the aperture?

cant remember now could of been

thanks for advice guys

im out again tomorrow check it out again then

Does your Fuji Finepix S5700 camera actually allow you to alter the aperture setting at all? I've not been able to find details of that setting on the web search I have just done for the camera :shrug:

Back