Black-tailed Skimmer makes short work of a Bee

Poor bee... when hard subject to shot being completely black what was your settings and lens length?

Poor bee... when hard subject to shot being completely black what was your settings and lens length?

Hi Bryn, I use a Canon 7D2 and had on my Sigma 150-600 Contempary. I have my Camera set up for shooting birds on custom settings. The setting were F6.3 @600mm, 1/1250, ISO 200, Centre Weighted, Case 1 @-,0,0 adjustment, Al Servo and AF expand. I took it as close could get without blur about 2.8m

It landed on the path, the Bee was probably too heavy to carry, I took a couple of photos before it flow off. I have a Canon 100mm IS but wasn't carrying it. Maybe it wouldn't have allowed me close enough.

Ah cool putting a 36mm tube on the 150-600 is a great way to get you a tad closer and no light loss. :)

I use my Tamron 150-600 with tube for butterflies/dragons etc.

Ah cool putting a 36mm tube on the 150-600 is a great way to get you a tad closer and no light loss. :)

I use my Tamron 150-600 with tube for butterflies/dragons etc.

I have the Kenko 36/20/12 extensions Bryn but I wasn't carrying them but by time I could have got it on the Dragonfly would have been gone, it was a chance shot. But I will start carrying them just in case there are no Birds about. Normally I go out equipped for a Genre. Thanks for the advice

Back