Blackbird & Great Tit

Name
Gordon
Edit My Images
Yes
Shots taken today in a rather chilly West Yorkshire.

Thank you for viewing.

1. Mrs Blackbird

5345753759_7d09de1ac7_o.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

2. Great Tit

5346364586_d42451f177_o.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Hi Karen, does this one look any better? If so must have been a bit heavy handed with the PP.

5345784059_82fea51fe6_o.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Two nice srisp shots Gordon, but I agree with Karen -both have pronounced purple casts. Should be easy to sort oiut tbough mate - best option is go back to the raw files.

Using the colour of the bird as a guide I'd say it's more like this Gordon?

5346413712_fa632b7fb1_o.jpg

Gordon it does look a bit better think its still there though, hope you didn t mind me saying, you don t usually have this problem so just thought I would check in case it was me, like CT said shouldn t be a problem go back to the raw file, and good sharp shots but the way

It can be the Picture style settings with Canon Gordon. Even if you shoot raw and use DPP, the picture style settings are applied to the raw shots initially and stay that way unless you change them.

I've taken to using the 'Faithful' setting which I find opens the WB just about bang on in DPP.

Not too sure CT, the only thing I have altered on camera is the ISO setting which was previously set to auto. Having previously experienced some noise in shots, today I have manualy set the Iso to between 1000 and 1600, shot in aperture priority.

I was wondering if it could be the effect of the lighting today at the time when the shots were taken?

As you rightly say, it is no problem as it can be altered at the time of processing the raw files.

The tone of the two original shots have been enhanced using colour balance in PhotShop.

Regards: Gordon

Agree CT, your processed shot is much more of a true resemblance.

Gordon

I suspect then that you've probably just inadvertently induced the cast somewhwre in process Gordon - easily done. :shrug:

I use Auto WB all the time in daylight or for flash - that shouldn't be a problem. It's other lighting which causes the issues like tungsten for example, and most DSLRs fall down a bit with that, even on tungsten wb setting. I tend to set the wb in degs Kelvin under that sort of lighting.

Last edited:
Thank you both Karen and CT for your help and advice. will have another go with the processing and other software.

Regards: Gordon

Two nice captures Gordon, especially the Blackbird. Good advice and edit from Ced`s by the way. I have been playing around with the pic styles now on the 7D. Must admit I mostly used Neutral on the 50D, in saying that though no matter which style you use, my opinion is that depending on what WB you have set and a combination of which metering you use, they will all produce slightly different results, some more pleasing than others :LOL:

Back