Blaise castle

Probably too familiar to me, not a place I would visit for photography in all honesty, would choose other places in Bristol.

The area around the waterfront near the city centre is a favourite spot of mine, ships, boats, cormorants (often), people, buildings, boatyard, structures etc - you could spend several hours there and not run out of opportunities.

Ashton Court, a large house, deer parks, gardens in South Bristol near Long Ashton.
Clifton Suspension Bridge and Avon Gorge - Bristol Zoo nearby.
Market area around Corn Street in the city centre.
Temple Back, some interesting buildings, statues (Brunel), steel bridge, river with a few barges - but be prepared to be 'challenged' by security staff who will tell you that some occupants don't wish their premises to be photographed ... I just smile and say something along the lines of "how interesting, it's on Google" and continue to shoot.

Blaise castle is a nice place for a walk or to take a dog out. It probably looks best in the autumn with plenty of nice backdrops for portraits and other creative shots. It is not very special though

Ashton Court, a large house, deer parks, gardens in South Bristol near Long Ashton.
Clifton Suspension Bridge and Avon Gorge - Bristol Zoo nearby.

Market area around Corn Street in the city centre.
Temple Back, some interesting buildings, statues (Brunel), steel bridge, river with a few barges - but be prepared to be 'challenged' by security staff who will tell you that some occupants don't wish their premises to be photographed ... I just smile and say something along the lines of "how interesting, it's on Google" and continue to shoot.

The bridge is certainly the place to go if you want some 'wow' factor

Back