Blancpain from Silverstone

Name
Jonny
Edit My Images
No
So I was too lazy to get my accreditation in on time so it was back in the cheap seats for me...

So with no tabard, it was obviously cloudless skies and shiny, shiny fences... I am definitely out of practice this side :) Here's a few of my efforts... C&C welcome as always

1. Nissan GTR at speed
Jordan Witt, Ricardo Sanchez, Struan Moore - GT SPORT MOTUL Team RJN - Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

2. It's me.. so here's an AMG...
Tristan Vautier, Adam Christodoulou, Raffaele Marciello - Mercedes-AMG Team Akka ASP - Mercedes-AMG GT3 by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

3. ...and another one
Philippe Giauque, Eric Debard, Fabien Barthez - AKKA ASP Team - Mercedes-AMG GT3 by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

4. ..and another one
Darren Burke, Salih Yoluc, Euan Hankey - Ram Racing - Mercedes-AMG GT3 by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

5. Here's the winner
Matthieu Vaxiviere, Jake Dennis, Nicki Thiim - R-Motorsport - Aston Martin V12 Vantage by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

6. a tank....
Guy Smith, Jules Gounon, Steven Kane - Bentley Team M-Sport - Bentley Continental GT3 by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

7. there's just too many of them huh :D
Chris Buncombe, Nick Leventis, Lewis Williamson - Strakka Racing - Mercedes-AMG GT3 by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

8. ...and a hefty dollop of Marmite to finish
Ricky Collard, Nick Yelloly, John Edwards - Rowe Racing - BMW M6 GT3 by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

Last edited:
How do you manager to get such crisp photos at such slow shutter speeds. hand holding I struggle at anything below 1/200. Monopod is barely an improvement!
Cracking set. Great to see the old Vantage displaying such pace. I fear it will be hammered in the BOP now. Just in time for a poor performance at Spa.
Hopefully the Nissans get a hefty break and can fight for the win there.

How do you manager to get such crisp photos at such slow shutter speeds. hand holding I struggle at anything below 1/200. Monopod is barely an improvement!
Cracking set. Great to see the old Vantage displaying such pace. I fear it will be hammered in the BOP now. Just in time for a poor performance at Spa.
Hopefully the Nissans get a hefty break and can fight for the win there.

Simple, I throw a lot away [emoji23]

No3 sums up motor sport for me......busy,exciting,rubber burning, speed......

One day you will get the hang of it, and post a straight picture......... :p ;);)

Mega as ever Jonny!

Great set Jonny, as always :).

If you don’t mind, I have a question for you about your post processing. The weather has been bright, sunny and warm. How do you deal with the loss of contrast during post processing caused by the fences? Do you do anything to counter heat haze? There’s bound to be some with the acres of concrete and tarmac on a warm day at Silverstone!

Cheers,

Simon.

I've just looked at your pictures on Flickr and all I can say is - Jees I can hardly get a static subject sharp and some of those shutter speeds, respect to you!!!
I'm off to practise on my tortoise.

Great set Jonny, as always :).

If you don’t mind, I have a question for you about your post processing. The weather has been bright, sunny and warm. How do you deal with the loss of contrast during post processing caused by the fences? Do you do anything to counter heat haze? There’s bound to be some with the acres of concrete and tarmac on a warm day at Silverstone!

Cheers,

Simon.

Many thanks Simon. It’s just luck of the draw really... the heat haze wrote off 60% of my shots at least that would have otherwise been fine, it was particularly bad at the Blancpain... I’ll always try and fix in post but there’s only so much I can manage

I've just looked at your pictures on Flickr and all I can say is - Jees I can hardly get a static subject sharp and some of those shutter speeds, respect to you!!!
I'm off to practise on my tortoise.

Haha thanks mate... just practice is all it takes

Excellent and brilliantly processed as always

Thanks Richard... I had a much better time at Snetterton this weekend, hopefully have some images up this week

8 is a cracker - I for one like that type of shot as you get the sense of movement. Whereabouts at Silverstone did you shoot it?

I like 3 too. Shots moving away don't always work, but you nailed that one.

I've never been media accredited so I can't compare the difference, but they look pretty good to me

Back