Critique Blea Tarn / Derwent Water

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,

I spent the weekend in the lakes and popped down to Blea Tarn for sunrise this morning. It all looked promising, but unfortunately a bank of cloud blocked the sun until over an hour after the sun came up. The other guy there packed up and left ten minutes before the sun arrived... Anyway, even though a little harder than I'd have hoped for, these are two I'm quite pleased with. I'd love your thoughts and an critique on how I could improve the shot for the future or post press in a better way.

1)

Blea Tarn, The Lake District by Steve Babb, on Flickr

2)

Blea Tarn, The Lake District by Steve Babb, on Flickr

Thank you for looking.

I think they are quite good, very good, Steve (y)

I prefer No1

Excellent pair of shots.

Another vote for no.1. I just prefer the composition a touch more and I really like the way the light is sat on the central pike.

be decisive !! no 2 for good balance
like your vp and the simplicity of the rocks...they dont take over
cheers
geof

They are both very nice Steve I think I prefer the light #1

In the first post, the Blea Tarn shots are superb and well done on staying put. I prefer the second, there is a bit more breathing space beneath the rocks and I like the colourful tree being further into frame too.

In the second post; Second one is a nice happy Lakes shot. First one is slightly over graduated in the sky with the cloud coming up a different colour entirely too.

Last edited:
Tricky for me to say which of the first two I pefer. Both are very nice! Well done for sticking it out longer than the other photographer ;-) (wasn't me)

Back