Blea Tarn in the Lake District last night

Name
Andrew
Edit My Images
Yes
Still kicking myself from not coming up here when the Northern Lights made their appearance last week I thought I'd better venture up when I saw clear skies last night. Put my tripod down and then noticed there was someone's ashes just a few feet in front of me, it was a strange feeling but I liked knowing that someone felt this particular view was so special it was the last place they wanted to be.

If I'm going to be harsh on myself I probably should have done a low ISO long exposure so I could get the tarn and surroundings with better detail and less noise than comped it together with the sky in post but it's hardly an awful shot.

Blea Tarn by hideyourarms/bigguybigcity, on Flickr

Beautiful sky and works very well with the lake.

Wow, thats an epic shot. I know Blea Tarn very well.

Never seen Blea tarn like this before!! Thank you!

I live close by so it's an easy one for me to head to at night when I see the skies are clear. It's very, very rare to see another photographer up there at night which is surprising because it's easy to get to.

Lovely shot Andrew. I love Blea Tarn (although on a couple of occassions I renamed it BLEAK Tarn!). I am in the lakes in a couple of weeks. If we get a clear night I will head up there.

Back