Bleach anyone ?

Edit My Images
Yes
So. Most liked the coffee experiment. Others said it was crap, and no point ;)

here we have a bleach process. This time, on the print - so , no negs harmed in this one :LOL:

Oh , and this time I have the foresight to say -

if you have nothing good to say, then be good, and say nothing :D

This is the result

Photographic Paper Bleaching - Homework by Tricky!69, on Flickr

This was the original

Home work by Tricky!69, on Flickr

Thanks Deckard :)

Digitall, the second shot was just a means to an end. Quite normal - anyone could do type shot.

Setup here, if anyone is interested.

Welsh dresser - black sheet - couple of poundland led tourches.

Homework setup by Tricky!69, on Flickr

I really like the bleach version as well, the colours and odd marks make it look and feel very arty

***Oh , and this time I have the foresight to say -

if you have nothing good to say, then be good, and say nothing ***

What no CC ;) Anyway looks interesting on my monitor.

***Oh , and this time I have the foresight to say -

if you have nothing good to say, then be good, and say nothing ***

What no CC ;) Anyway looks interesting on my monitor.

:LOL: ... just thought I'd get in 1st this time !

only playing - I'm sure you know that :)

should be in here more often :p

Like that, a lot :) Remember seeing the effect back in the 70's :confused:

I like this (y)
Not sure that I prefer it to the original (Even though you say it was a means to an end I think that is a very appealing image too) - Both are very different takes on a theme.

What I find so interesting about this though is the method of creating it. It's so easy to think that all these filters and arty effects were created by Photoshop - this is a nice little reminder that a lot of these techniques existed long before then.

Last edited:

Like that, a lot :) Remember seeing the effect back in the 70's :confused:

feel free to pop in any time ! it's usually nice n cosy in here :p

and , thanks :)

thanks everyone.

I'm just trying to show a few different effects you can get by getting 'wet'

some might find it interesting and even give it a go. it's all 'kitchen/bathroom chemistry' !

I'm not trying to say 'look at me' (there are lots better than mine out there) just open a view to a wider world some of you might not know about.

glad you enjoyed it (y)

peek.gif

Excellent treatment by the way - I like both shots, maybe do a coffee one the same and rustle up an excellent triptych.

Last edited:
you drink JD by the pint? :eek:

Love the bleach treatment!

Excellent treatment by the way - I like both shots, maybe do a coffee one the same and rustle up an excellent triptych.

Thanks

Coffee would involve shooting a roll to re-develop, and the flower has long gone. Good idea though.

There were other wet treatments of the same image - solarising (in the darkroom), Lith printing, Selenium Toning etc etc, but some a bit subtle to show in digitized form on a web image .

Photoshopping was done too, as a comparison. with it's version of solarizing, Lith filter, split tones etc etc.

Coffee and bleach processing though, are the most likely to be un known to TP/F&C readers, so I posted them up.

How does this technique work?

Really like the red treatment, would look awesome on the wall.

How does this technique work?

Really like the red treatment, would look awesome on the wall.

Thanks

The print is a wet chemical / exposed photo paper print - i.e. a photo - not an inkjet print.

The bleach, softens the print colours/chemicals in the paper, which are in layers.

The blue washes away 1st, then red, then yellow. you need to practice, as the bleach keeps working after you are done, and rinsing ! You have about 2 minutes working time, before you need to start rinsing. Bleach dilution is about 20 water : 1 - household bleach

This one is 12x16 and was mounted and hung on the wall in our college 'Art week' exhibition.

Back