Blenheim Palace Grounds

Galaxy66

Jeremy Beadle
Name
My name is Mal not Jeremy :)
Edit My Images
Yes
On holiday at Witney in Oxfordshire this week and paid a visit here, paid being the bit that hurt for six of us gag:

1. Had a job avoiding all the bird poo at this spot:D
3695032017_c9f5b775f1_o.jpg

2.Found a locked gate to this spot but decided to trespass to get the shot:).
3695031671_1c1bf7d977_o.jpg

3.Like the way the grass supported the image in this one taken with the 10-22.
3695842638_4a76089a5a_o.jpg

4.Again I had to trespass for this shot:D
3695030649_71185f8421_o.jpg

If you ever go back again, there's a public footpath entrance close to the village of Combe, with limited parking spaces along the lane leading to the entrance. I usually go in that way. It takes you in close to the lake, on the opposite side of the grounds from the main Woodstock entrance. There's also an entrance for locals in Woodstock. I've never yet paid to go in.

Looks like a nice venue Mal, pity those clouds ganged up on you :(

That third shot with the splash of sky blue and the sweep of the grass wins for me with the first 'trespass' shot next :)

Hi Mal,

Third picture is great and agree that the sweeping grass makes it.

You are in my old home town. You really should have gone to Burford just down the road. Some great photo opportunities there. Must go back myself and get pics of my old Boarding School next to the Church.

Best regards

Chris

If you ever go back again, there's a public footpath entrance close to the village of Combe, with limited parking spaces along the lane leading to the entrance. I usually go in that way. It takes you in close to the lake, on the opposite side of the grounds from the main Woodstock entrance. There's also an entrance for locals in Woodstock. I've never yet paid to go in.

Mmm it was bad enough paying £60 just to vist the grounds but it would have been over £100 :eek:for the 6 of us if we included the palace as well, so thanks we will know next time, might go in again later on in the week(y)

Looks like a nice venue Mal, pity those clouds ganged up on you :(

That third shot with the splash of sky blue and the sweep of the grass wins for me with the first 'trespass' shot next :)
Thanks John, same order for me:)
Nice venue but a bit busy (as well as costly:D) being Sunday, weather was not bad on the the day, at least the rain stayed away unlike yesterday when we got drenched to the skin in Witney town:(.

Hi Mal,

Third picture is great and agree that the sweeping grass makes it.

You are in my old home town. You really should have gone to Burford just down the road. Some great photo opportunities there. Must go back myself and get pics of my old Boarding School next to the Church.

Best regards

Chris

Cheers Chris, we are actually staying at North Leigh outside of Witney town, we are here until Monday and this is our 4th year here. Burton on the Water today and maybe call in at Burford as well. The women want to go to that huge new shopping park at Bicester later on so I aim to slink off togging somewhere else after dropping them off.

Hi Mal,

Bourton On The Water is great, I lived there the end of 50's. Remember fishing with my Brother in the early hours of the morning!

Quite right, leave them off shopping and enjoy yourself!

Best regards

Chris

Really like 3 mal, better light would have really improved it somewhat, but it still works as is.

Gary.

Prefer #3 out of the lot. It has a nice vibrant sky and the grass does help lead the eye nicely.

If I'm honest about the others, they all look a little soft to me and flat - Not helped by the light I am sure, but seriously lacking punch. Soz.

Back