Blog ?

Name
call me anyhting u want
Edit My Images
Yes
Which blog do you use and what do you like about it?

I use self hosted Wordpress because it has pretty much limitless possibilities for customisation.

What are you looking for in a blogging platform?

I have registered with both blogspot and wordpress (free versions), I just need to learn how to use them, but I want to focus with just one and I want a very customisable and easy to use platform.

Wordpress. Good level of customisation, large developer support and massive plugin database. Small learning curve and straight-forward to get running.

Hosted is good too if you don't want to have your own hosting but you don't have as much control as if you were hosting it on your own hosting.

I also want to start up a blog - but I don't want to pay!:LOL: And I don't know how to do it :(

I've only used it briefly, if you want a free hosted solution my advice would be to look at Wordpress.com, it's a slightly restricted version of the self hosted Wordpress, but still the same basic software.

Blogspot lets you use your own (paid) domain name, while with wordpress, you have to pay a subscription to use your own domain name.

But as Kayjay said above:

Wordpress. Good level of customisation, large developer support and massive plugin database. Small learning curve and straight-forward to get running.

Hosted is good too if you don't want to have your own hosting but you don't have as much control as if you were hosting it on your own hosting.

I still need to familiarise myself with both though.

I've just started blogging and use Wordpress with a ProPhoto theme which can be seen here.

When it comes to stuff like this I am a complete numpty and after a bit of head scratching even I was able to manage it.

I would also like to publicly thank KayJay for his help and support as I was setting it up, his advice was invaluable. (y)

Another thumbs up for Wordpress + pro photo. It may seem expensive just for a theme but it works so well, the backend where you do all the editing is so easy to use.

I've just started blogging and use Wordpress with a ProPhoto theme which can be seen here.

When it comes to stuff like this I am a complete numpty and after a bit of head scratching even I was able to manage it.

I would also like to publicly thank KayJay for his help and support as I was setting it up, his advice was invaluable. (y)

Glad I could be of help :)

Back