Blondie at IOW

Name
Simon
Edit My Images
Yes
How rubbish was Debbie Harry... honestly, totally out of tune and it sounded like they had dragged someone from the audience!!!

Shame, as they have some great songs.

I can't say that I heard of this particular performance. She was good in her day, but like me, probably well past the sell by date by now!

969440_570359659670998_1997351894_n_zps4d340612.jpg

I watched it this evening. The first song I saw was the second one they played which I think was One Way or Another which wasn't too bad although it was the guitar work which made it. Then as I was recording the show, I rewound to the first song, which as you say, was not great. So not great that I can't remember what it was (Atomic?).

However, I would still like to be performing live at 67 (only 19 years to go!).

Steve.

I went to see Blondie at Thetford Forest a couple of weeks ago and it was hugely disappointing. The newer songs seemed to sound better but a lot of the original stuff was awful. Agree the band were brilliant though. We thought it was just a set up issue but obviously not from what you guys are saying about IOW show.

I saw Blondie at Hammersmith in 1977 supporting Television.

I don't remember anyone ever being very interested in how well Debbie sang ... :whistle:

I was lucky enough to see a lot of bands back them. :cool:

FWIW, I've just remembered there was a completely unlisted second support band who opened that night. "Oo are you?" shouted someone from the audience. "Ultravox" answered John Foxx.

Amateur times! :D

I'm amazed she still goes on stage, I remember seeing here at some event about 10 years ago and she was bad as above - to the extent people were booing and throwing stuff at her.

I agree; we went to see her about 10 years ago, just as she released 'Maria' and she was terrible. I think perhaps her voice lends itself more to sleazy jazz now, so maybe she should have stuck to that...

Back