Bloody Ad Obe

If you can't download it, I have a copy saved that could be sent over using a file transfer service.

Very kind of you! I have installed it (I think) but on adding my serial number get a message saying that the serial number is valid but a qualifying product could not be found on this computer.....

I'll have to come back to this tomorrow.

This is the company line on installing v6.14 on a new PC -

"Support is no longer available for your product version. Phone and chat support is not available for free or discontinued software or services. You are welcome to visit our Community Support Forum: https://community.adobe.com/ where you can post questions, and potentially find answers for your product version. The forums are updated by other Adobe product users, worth noting that the community experts will not be able to assist with : registration, activation, download, and/or installation issues. We suggest you upgrade to the Creative Cloud membership which includes access to new versions and features as they are released and the Creative Cloud membership keeps your apps current at no additional cost"

In other words "Up Yours"
Some of the 'community experts' on the forum have a similar attitude. Queries about old software are usually met with copy-pasted adverts for CC, and a claim that unsupported software won't run on modern systems, which often isn't correct. But I came across an interesting thread there the other day. Someone who was deprived of their copy of Acrobat 8 (from the CS3 era) when activation was killed claims to have threatened Adobe with legal action, and was given Acrobat X (from the CS6 era) as a replacement. Adobe may know they are on shaky ground here, whatever the EULA says. I wonder what the Small Claims Court would make of their policy? A lot of people are going to be very unhappy when CS6 and LR6 are finally killed.

FWIW this article has links to the Windows and Mac versions of 6.14

The download domain looks legit. I've virus checked then run the installer but not actually installed as I have 6.14 already.
There is a subfolder created "Adobe\Photoshop Lightroom 6.0\payloads\AdobeLightroom6-mul-210219233543"
That contains an XML file called 6.14 which refers to the update and suggests some messages, reboot settings etc.

I still have my retail disc copy of 6.0 along with the activation key but having the 6.14 installer might come in handy if/when I move on from this rather elderly computer.
If they bork the activation server then I guess is won't matter if I have a legit copy installed or the files to reinstall as it will stop working regardless.
Until I buy a camera that isn't supported then I'm happy with 6.14 so I can delay any decision until then :)

!!! Do your own checks and at your own risk !!!

Until I buy a camera that isn't supported then I'm happy with 6.14 so I can delay any decision until then :)

I don't see a camera being unsupported as a major problem. None of mine are supported.

I agree with you on this.

At its heart, Cloud technology is an attempt by companies to shift responsibility for data security. As recent events have shown, it simply causes pain when (inevitably) a critical component fails. Keeping your own data in your own hands is sensible, especially given the low price of storage devices.

Why are you and others assuming that using Adobe necessarily involves the Cloud. As other have said I use the Classic option and the Adobe software operates on my PC not externally. I have tried some of the alternatives but found none to match the Adobe package for photography. It is also good value. Many people pay more per month for their smart phones! I do not and use PAYG for about £10 p.a.

Dave

Why are you and others assuming that using Adobe necessarily involves the Cloud.
I think you're confusing me with someone else. I responded to Simon's specific statement, as quoted above my post. :rolleyes:

FWIW this article has links to the Windows and Mac versions of 6.14

The download domain looks legit. I've virus checked then run the installer but not actually installed as I have 6.14 already.
There is a subfolder created "Adobe\Photoshop Lightroom 6.0\payloads\AdobeLightroom6-mul-210219233543"
That contains an XML file called 6.14 which refers to the update and suggests some messages, reboot settings etc.

I still have my retail disc copy of 6.0 along with the activation key but having the 6.14 installer might come in handy if/when I move on from this rather elderly computer.
If they bork the activation server then I guess is won't matter if I have a legit copy installed or the files to reinstall as it will stop working regardless.

!!! Do your own checks and at your own risk !!!
Yes, I posted this upthread and it looks OK to me too. I haven't tried installing it, but unpacked the installer with 7-Zip and found the same XML file as you. I've also checked the md5 checksum against a download from another trusted source and they match:

Yes, I posted this upthread and it looks OK to me too. I haven't tried installing it, but unpacked the installer with 7-Zip and found the same XML file as you. I've also checked the md5 checksum against a download from another trusted source and they match:

I've tried to upload it from both Woofwoof's post and Retune's but neither would work. It just goes into an endless "wait" session. Course, it could be me or my new machine.........

I've tried to upload it from both Woofwoof's post and Retune's but neither would work. It just goes into an endless "wait" session. Course, it could be me or my new machine.........
Both are still working for me (it's a large file, 1.1GB for Windows). Try another browser?

I don't see a camera being unsupported as a major problem. None of mine are supported.
It's not a major problem but it would probably be the tipping point to abandon it.
I'm not actually planning on changing anything in the immediate future so 6.14 is fine.

Must have missed that - good to know someone else checked and thought what is sitting in my installers folder should work ok :)

Very kind of you! I have installed it (I think) but on adding my serial number get a message saying that the serial number is valid but a qualifying product could not be found on this computer.....

I'll have to come back to this tomorrow.

The no "qualifying product" IMO means that your license in an upgrade license........that means 'it' is looking for the license (hash key created by the previous version full license?)

I vaguely recall that when I bought a full version of LR 5.5 and bought V6, I did not need to install v5.5 but the v6 upgrade installer asked for the previous version license key to be entered.

I can't recall your reason for the v6 reinstall but if it was a pc rebuild and that meant you lost the previous version license data.....then unless you have the old version to hand with its license key, you may be st***ed.

The no "qualifying product" IMO means that your license in an upgrade license........that means 'it' is looking for the license (hash key created by the previous version full license?)

I vaguely recall that when I bought a full version of LR 5.5 and bought V6, I did not need to install v5.5 but the v6 upgrade installer asked for the previous version license key to be entered.

I can't recall your reason for the v6 reinstall but if it was a pc rebuild and that meant you lost the previous version license data.....then unless you have the old version to hand with its license key, you may be st***ed.

This is correct, I went from LR3 to LR6 and it needed the original licence key to work.

If you have a valid licence key and get in touch with Adobe they will give you the full 6.14 installer

This is correct, I went from LR3 to LR6 and it needed the original licence key to work.

Thanks for the advice, guys. I did get this sorted yesterday thanks to the Lightroom Forum, who suggested the same solution as you both did. The LR forum is a real boon for all things Lightroom. But TP is much better in all sorts of other ways (he added hastily, in case the mods are watching! :wave:)

So I'm now set up with my new pc, much faster than the old one, although its a real pain to have lost all my passwords though.

Thanks for the advice, guys. I did get this sorted yesterday thanks to the Lightroom Forum, who suggested the same solution as you both did. The LR forum is a real boon for all things Lightroom. But TP is much better in all sorts of other ways (he added hastily, in case the mods are watching! :wave:)

So I'm now set up with my new pc, much faster than the old one, although its a real pain to have lost all my passwords though.
Good news, well done. (y)

During the changeover to my new PC, I discovered how to download LR6.14 without recourse to Adobe Chat sales people or going anywhere else (assuming you already have a legal copy). This was as follows -

Go to your Adobe account.
Click "Plans"
Click "Order history"
Click on your order number
Click on "Downloads and serial numbers"
Your serial number appears plus a link to download the software.

Hope this helps someone!

Just out of curiosity I went and tried - nothing under "Order history" under "Products" I found an entry for the boxed version I have but the download links don't work.
I still have the disc somewhere, the link from earlier and now a handy copy of the number so no great loss.

1624540478449.png

Just out of curiosity I went and tried - nothing under "Order history" under "Products" I found an entry for the boxed version I have but the download links don't work.
I still have the disc somewhere, the link from earlier and now a handy copy of the number so no great loss.

View attachment 322264

Checked and mine is just as Jerry outlined above

Adobe Photoshop Lightroom
ITEMSERIALSPLATFORM
Adobe Photoshop Lightroomxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxMac/Win
Photoshop Lightroom 6MacDownload .dmg
Photoshop Lightroom 6WindowsDownload .exe

It may depend how you bought it. It used to be possible to fix this, but maybe no longer:
In any case, the installer linked above should be all you need, has the 6.14 update, and is fetched from one of Adobe's own servers.

Last edited:
Back