Bloody Baby

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name
Chris
Edit My Images
No
And Mother
How I wish I had spotted these earlier - as such could not get any thing other than a quick grab shot or two
1071070168_insuQ-X2.jpg

Last edited:
Thought that was the case and while I realise it's fake and for 'fun',there's an underlying discord with this one that doesn't sit easy with me tbh :(

Not having a go at the OP for taking/ showing btw,it's just the content

Have to say, the subject matter disturbs me somewhat...well taken though.

Parent with a sense of humour if you ask me, as long as the baby is happy and not scared then why not get them involved.
It is a fine line though, that baby might be young enough that as long as the people are jovial they won't even know to be scared by the weird looking people. Could go the other way though...
Cool shot all the same.

Parent with a sense of humour if you ask me, as long as the baby is happy and not scared then why not get them involved.
It is a fine line though, that baby might be young enough that as long as the people are jovial they won't even know to be scared by the weird looking people. Could go the other way though...
Cool shot all the same.

Disagree. Shot might be good but subject is really beyond me. Only a sick person would cover their child in fake blood etc!

Fair play, maybe it's because I've been to a few Halloween parties with babies dressed up, granted the zombie theme is a bit more controversial. Like I said before, fine line, but as long as the kids in good hands and happy, who cares?

Or perhaps it's because I've seen photos of me as a kid dressed up as a Leprechaun and now I want other children to endure the same humiliation :| ;)

The results of international "demanding money through menaces" campaign! What do you expect?

Borders on bad taste if you ask me.... technical correct but morally inept IMO

Just to clarify my point a little. I don't find it sick / wrong or weird. It's Halloween and it's normal to an extent. I do find it extremely disturbing to look at though, just in the same way I would find scenes of violence towards babies in a horror movie disturbing. I might still enjoy the show, just find it hard to watch.

G.

Some of the posts in this thread:wacky:

agreed

it's that sort of perspective that has turned this country into the place where photographers are vilified as paedophiles at the drop of a hat

It was halloween for goodness sake, and you lot are inventing some spurious moral high ground

don't come complaining next time you get chased off a park with your camera, you're being exactly the same

Some people seem to have trouble distinguishing between real life and pretend!

Why is it sick in the context it is in?

We had kids in the studio last night dressed as all sorts and having a great time!

Last edited:
To be fair there were lots of kids at this charity event dressed as ghouls etc - dripping with fake blood so this Woman was not on her own
the kids I saw were having a great time with what I observed
as to the rights and wrongs I dont know but hopefully they raised plenty of cash for charity
Slightly off topic (sorry mods) but I find the content quite disturbing and in poor taste.
Halloween is a time for fun and games for children, not making your baby look like a dead baby with blood dripping off it, to make your own "costume" seem spectacular :nono:

Put it this way if I was at work in my former job I'd be having a serious word with the parents.

Slightly off topic (sorry mods) but I find the content quite disturbing and in poor taste.
Halloween is a time for fun and games for children, not making your baby look like a dead baby with blood dripping off it, to make your own "costume" seem spectacular :nono:

come on get a life!

it's a costume, in a few years time that kid will be dressed up and revelling in halloween and will be showing that picture to his/her mates and saying how cool their mum is

Put it this way if I was at work in my former job I'd be having a serious word with the parents.

assuming that means you were a social worker, then I'm not surprised, most of them have got no connection to real people (and yes I speak from experience)

It's not 'doing it to the baby' that is wrong for me... it is more the shock and worry etc it can give to others. Old folk seeing this would be very upset and shocked, you dont see babies covered in blood unless there has been a nasty accident and we are not programmed to see a baby in this state and jsut think "oh, thats a bit of fun".

It really could have quite a long lasting effect.

It's not 'doing it to the baby' that is wrong for me... it is more the shock and worry etc it can give to others. Old folk seeing this would be very upset and shocked, you dont see babies covered in blood unless there has been a nasty accident and we are not programmed to see a baby in this state and jsut think "oh, thats a bit of fun".

It really could have quite a long lasting effect.

but where are old ladies going to see this?

if its on talk photography then they will be used to seeing anything, and it's not exactly been printed out and stuck on every bus shelter has it

do we now never do anything that might perhaps somewhere perhaps possibly maybe have a slight chance of upsetting someone?

I think I need to find a new country to live in.

And many would be telling you to mind your own business, and get a grip.

How patronising... as if you know better eh!

but where are old ladies going to see this?

if its on talk photography then they will be used to seeing anything, and it's not exactly been printed out and stuck on every bus shelter has it

I was referring to people who were walking around the town and saw this sight. I wasn't criticising the photo as such, more the content.

Last edited:
i find it slightly odd, but obviously as halloween , the whole thing is fake, the kid doesn't seem distressed in any way whatsoever, so where is the problem?

Good grief! It's just a bit of halloween fun. No babies were harmed in the making of this photograph.

Sense of proportion required here I think. :p

I'm stunned, I really am.

We have some people saying they'd be offended at seeing this, and others telling us in such a condescending manner that if it were us, they'd have a stern word with us about it. Who on earth does this person think he is... some sort of high ground policeman or social worker of morality... good grief, whoever you are or were, please get a grip on reality. Some people are just so ridiculous.

Lighten up folks... it's make-up, that's it!!

The fake blood disturbs us because we know what it is supposed to be. The child probably sees it as being no different to being covered in paint, crayon, milk, vomit and all other things that babies seem expert at doing.

I think we should sue the film director who had that baby turn it's head through 360 degrees, it must have given the baby premature wrinkles!!!:bang:

Lighten up and enjoy life folks.

~ clip ~

Are you sure? :D

I think I'm very much of the same opinion as Janice.... contextually it's quite shocking.

I'm not against people having fun - it just doesn't sit right with me for some reason

Good grief! It's just a bit of halloween fun. No babies were harmed in the making of this photograph.

Sense of proportion required here I think. :p

I'm stunned, I really am.

We have some people saying they'd be offended at seeing this, and others telling us in such a condescending manner that if it were us, they'd have a stern word with us about it. Who on earth does this person think he is... some sort of high ground policeman or social worker of morality... good grief, whoever you are or were, please get a grip on reality. Some people are just so ridiculous.

:agree:
But some folk struggle to see the difference between their own opinion and fact. That ain't never going to change.

Back to the actual photo. It's obviously drawing emotion from some folks, which is a major part of my definition of art. So in some respects are the negative posts actually compliments to the OP? :thinking:

As a Halloween shot I quite like it personally. I take it as a way for the mother to involve the child in the fun. Certainly don't see it as abusive. Nothing for the kid to be ashamed of when they grow up, and not nearly as bad as some of the things parents make their kids do for their own personal financial/social gain.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back