"Bloody foreigner........."

Lynton

awkward customer
Name
Lynton (yes really!)
Edit My Images
No
...as I got called today in Tesco's for reading El Pais (Spanish newspaper - "The Country" in Spanish) whilst biding my time in the queue at Tesco's......

couldn't be bothered to waste the oxygen on a response, but the look she got from me and her reaction to it was enough to make me laugh, and then I managed to have a whole conversation in English with the checkout lady. ;)

:wacky::wacky:

Cor blast boy, oi knew Norfolk folk were a little isolated, but oi've niver heard the loiks o' this! ;)

OK, OK. But how else can I type in a Norfolk accent?

I'd of just looked at her and said "Or perhaps some of us are educated enough to be able to understand more than one language" and turned my back on her.

Silly people out there!

Anywhere North of the Thames is foriegn :D

Anywhere North of the Thames is foriegn :D
only to someone from the effluent south:)

I once got stopped by a police officer (don't know why he picked on me) who asked if I happened to speak Spanish, he had a couple with him who had asked him for help and there was a bit of a language barrier.

Anyway, I don't know a word of Spanish and said so, but I then heard one of the people speaking to the other in Southern Italian, which I do speak, so found out what the problem was (they were lost) and the policeman then very helpfully guided them back to their hotel. I did think it funny that he thought they were Spanish...

only to someone from the effluent south:)

I once got stopped by a police officer (don't know why he picked on me) who asked if I happened to speak Spanish, he had a couple with him who had asked him for help and there was a bit of a language barrier.

Anyway, I don't know a word of Spanish and said so, but I then heard one of the people speaking to the other in Southern Italian, which I do speak, so found out what the problem was (they were lost) and the policeman then very helpfully guided them back to their hotel. I did think it funny that he thought they were Spanish...

:LOL: You look about as Spanish, as Mike (I mean Lynton) does :D

:LOL: You look about as Spanish, as Mike (I mean Lynton) does :D

You're right. I think that my name gives a clue to my nationality, but as it happens I don't speak a word of Welsh.

I accidentally learned Italian as a kid, living next door to an Italian family who had no English, and eventually I worked in Italy for a while, also in Germany. My biggest recent compliment was from a French friend who asked me to translate a legal document into French for him,he must have been drunk and I declined:) Sadly though, my language skills are fading fast, I just don't use them enough these days.

Back