Blowing in the Wind

Name
Les
Edit My Images
No
Another from my recent studio session, not easy when you do landscapes but good to come out of the comfort zone.
Interested to hear well see your comments.

Thanks for taking the time to look Les F

Alexis-BW-D-Toned_5346.jpg

Oh, I like this a lot - maybe a little too much hair across the face, but the overall effect is delightful...

yup
different is the word that sprang to my mind
very good effect - like it!
nicely exposed skin tones too :clap:

Thanks for your comments glad you like it, the idea was for a different look so at least I achieved that plus a bit eh.

Les F

Yup, like it. A little too much hair over and around her eyes i think but it definitely works.

Different, yes different but I like it...:clap:

So this is the (missing) link you were referring to on my Emma image!!!!!

Composition, exposure, lighting all good (did you light it or did someone else and you snapped it? Meaning were you alone in the studio?[other than the model!])

Hair blown - errrrr - is a bit of a mess tbh and spoils it for me

Good attempt for a landscape tog though

:LOL:

DD

Last edited:
Hair blown - errrrr - is a bit of a mess tbh and spoils it for me

Good attempt for a landscape tog though

Cheers Dave it was about something different from the normal style of pose you see so often and the amount of hair across the face was intentional so I achieved what I set out to capture.
The set up lighting etc was a bit of both to be honest Dave its a friend that have a studio and he has shown me a few things. Nice to come out of the comfort zone.

Les F

Cheers Dave it was about something different from the normal style of pose you see so often and the amount of hair across the face was intentional so I achieved what I set out to capture.
The set up lighting etc was a bit of both to be honest Dave its a friend that have a studio and he has shown me a few things. Nice to come out of the comfort zone.

Les F

Comfort zone indeed

Looking again this morn, and I do like it btw, I'm wondering if a darker background may have been better

A good way to change the background quickly from white through to black (even on a white background) is simply to turn the background lights off one at a time. For black, move the model further away from the background and the key-light closer (if necessary - which obviously increases the f-stop) to make the background underexposed to black as you go

Getting White, grey, grey gradient & black backgrounds in this way takes only a few seconds if there's two of you

Try it next time

(y)

DD

Joanne thanks for your comment, sometimes different works but we don,t know till we try.

Les F

Love it, really nice shot, only thing I am not so keen on is the white background.

Thanks Graelwyn the white background is an integral part of the shot but were all free to express what we like and don,t like appreciate your input

Les F

Back