Blue A345

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
I know it's not exactly the world's best camera but I would be grateful if somebody could give me some idea as to what's going on with my partners Fuji A345. The problem is it's started over emphasising anything blue, but just to make life even more complicated, not all the time. I am aware and accept the obvious answer is probably to bin it but she is very attached to it (an yes, she has figured out to release the wrist strap). I emailed Fuji and they simply replied by telling me they have a standard repair fee (which happens to be more than I paid for the camera in the first place). Here's a picture she took earlier to day :

2007_09060001adj.jpg

Have you the ability to adjust white balance?

If so, check it's setting first, the exif says it's on auto, so try setting to daylight or cloudy and seeing if there is any change.

if not, it maybe time to think about getting a new camera

Thanks digitalfailure. The WB is pretty basic on this camera but it does allow for outdoors bright and outdoors cloudy. It's always been set on auto and has never given a problem until now but I'll try setting it on whatever the weather is tomorrow and see what happens. My gut feeling is it's time to think about replacing it I just need to convince the boss.

there's always the option to reduce the blue cast in post processing too.

Thats more or less free :)

Thanks for your help digitalfailure. The problem is now sorted - I've bought her a Canon A560 and she's very pleased with it. Ordered it yesterday afternoon from Warehouse Express and it turned this morning. erm... anybody want a Fuji A345 - one careful owner and takes blue pictures!!!!!!!(y)

Back