Blue and Black.

Name
paul
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi, the camera club i belong to has the Chairmans trophy in a few weeks with the brief of 'Blue and black'. I've not done much still life before but learnt loads and would like to hear good or bad how i've done.blue and black.jpg

I'm no still life expert so I might be barking up the wrong tree but if you are looking for honesty I think the top half is more successful than the bottom half. For me the specular highlights are too bright/hard and I like my still lifes to be all in focus.

Hi there.

Great to see you having a go at a still life.

I agree this needed to be more in focus. I would maybe have pulled back a bit too.

To me the biggest improvement would have been to get some better light onto the scene.

Natural or strobe.

I to attend "sometimes these days" a camera club. I also took a few Blueberry and Grape still lifes for comps during my time there.

It's fun and you do learn lots from it.

Keep shooting and sharing.

Gaz

I'm no still life expert so I might be barking up the wrong tree but if you are looking for honesty I think the top half is more successful than the bottom half. For me the specular highlights are too bright/hard and I like my still lifes to be all in focus.

Agreed....
...unless the photo gets used as a product photo, then that blurred part comes in handy for text.

Thanks everyone for honest feedback, heres another attempt with better focus. talk photo resize.jpg

I quite like the way the green stem wraps around the frame, and there are two distinct colours in the blueberries. This looks a bit soft in focus to me. Keep going!

Back