Blue Plaques

Edit My Images
Yes
So it struck me on Sunday, while walking around Chester, that there are Blue Plaques everywhere. Thus an easy (let's face it, they aren't the most difficult subject to get right) project for the rest of this year is now how many Blue Plaques I can shoot before the end of the calendar year. It will be a personal project (pics unlikely to be on here) & has the big advantage that I can shoot whether I have the DSLR with me, or the little point & shoot that sits in my coat pocket. I'm sure that somebody (several people?) have done this one before, but does anybody know what the record is for the number of Blue Plaques photographed in a calendar year?

Last edited:
Technically speaking "Blue Plaques" are only (with 34 exceptions) in London and there are still a few of the original brown plaques too.

Technically speaking "Blue Plaques" are only (with 34 exceptions) in London and there are still a few of the original brown plaques too.

Thanks - since my post I've discovered that (d**n you Wikipedia:(). Thus I intend extending my little project to any blue(ish) plaque that commemorates a historical figure (whether notable locally, or beyond) or event. This is because I haven't been to London in about 20 years & have no plans to visit any time in the foreseeable future.

Back