Blue seas of Zakynthos

Name
Andy Jones
Edit My Images
Yes
Just back from my annual trip to Zakynthos. Lots of clear blue seas.

#1 The famous ship wreck cove, there's a little viewing platform hanging off the edge of a cliff - not so good if you suffer from vertigo ;)
web_1964.jpg

#2 The view from the Cross restaurant, a great place to watch the sunset.
web_1966.jpg

#3 For the life of me I can't remember the name of this place, I'll check the map when I find it. But after a short hike down a hillside you can hang over the edge of a cliff for this stunning view.
EDIT - It's called Keri ;)
web_1758.jpg

All shots with the 17-40L plus polarizer.

Last edited:
That is sooo blue. I'm a little jealous

Excellent... brings back memories of when I went there nearly 15 years ago. Must go back there one day.

Hi pxl8

Brings back good memories for me to its a beautiful Island, don't think Id stand on the viewing platform, as far as I know, the guy didn't get planning for it, and its only meant for 2 or 3 people at a time and when we were there there was about 6 or 7 on it dodgy to say the least and its a long way down,

Lovely Photos the sea is gorgeous

I'd have gone out on the platform for that first one :)

I'd have gone out on the platform for that first one :)

Hi Robert, I don't think that's taken from the platform its from a little further along the cliff edge from there and much safer the platforms more over the beach area could be wrong but its similar to a shot we had taken of us there

Last edited:
First was taken from the rusty metal platform (y)

Great shots pxl8 - and #1 is simply super - that could easily be published.

/off topic

The one thing I remember though from the two times we have visited that cove, is that the wreck wreaked of pee! I mean really wreaked of it... the stench was awful.

Despite Zante being a lovely warm island, the water in that cove isn't as warm as it might seem either, and the beach is fine shingle not sand!!

/ end off topic

all beautiful, but i like number 2 as i'm seein myself fishin' @ the
point,lol

Beautiful shots - bring back a lot of memories!

The proper name for the beach with the wreck is Navagio Beach although it's become known as "Smuggler's Cove" in recent years.

It's not a real shipwreck and the remains of the boat were actually transported there with the sole intention of creating a tourist trap!

pg32

Cracking shots, just as i remembered it!
Did you have the pleasure of swimming in the water there??
It is soooooo cold!

eh?? What time of year did you go?

Water was lovely when I went - but then outside temp was over 120 degrees! :)

Cracking shots, just as i remembered it!
Did you have the pleasure of swimming in the water there??
It is soooooo cold!

Hi Craig - as Stu said, the water there in that bay was quite cold. The swim from the boat to the shore was chilling :)

I was there in early August and the temp was close to 100'F. I don't think the temperature ever gets to 120'F in Zakynthos...:naughty: it might feel like it, but I doubt if it was that hot.

We swam there a few years back but I don't remember it being especially cold but that year was pretty hot so it might have been a welcome relief ;)

Hi Craig - as Stu said, the water there in that bay was quite cold. The swim from the boat to the shore was chilling :)

I was there in early August and the temp was close to 100'F. I don't think the temperature ever gets to 120'F in Zakynthos...:naughty: it might feel like it, but I doubt if it was that hot.

I've double checked my figures and the temp crept upto 110 when we were there... dunno why I had 120 in my head. :)

I can remember swimming back and forth from our boat to the beach quite a few times and the water temp was lovely. I'd deffo remember if it was cold because I'm a real wimp when it comes to cold water! :D I can remember going to the Algarve in mid-July one year and that water was seriously cold - I really had to force myself to get in the water to cool off!

Last edited:
I've double checked my figures and the temp crept upto 110 when we were there... dunno why I had 120 in my head. :)

I can remember swimming back and forth from our boat to the beach quite a few times and the water temp was lovely. I'd deffo remember if it was cold because I'm a real wimp when it comes to cold water! :D I can remember going to the Algarve in mid-July one year and that water was seriously cold - I really had to force myself to get in the water to cool off!
I am sure it must have been the result of a storm or something that caused the water temp to lower in that area... I do remember it being, well... not cold exactly, but cooler than the other waters i swam in when visiting Zante.

Did you manage to find a beautiful beach called Beach Daphne...? Just a few miles around the coast from the popular resort of Kalamaki, but only accessible when I was there from the other side of that peninsular - down a long dirt track, sandy and shingle in places, but my golly what a beach at the end. Simply beautiful...:D

Did you manage to find a beautiful beach called Beach Daphne...? Just a few miles around the coast from the popular resort of Kalamaki, but only accessible when I was there from the other side of that peninsular - down a long dirt track, sandy and shingle in places, but my golly what a beach at the end. Simply beautiful...:D

When I went to Zante, it was my first holiday away with my girlfriend (now wife), we were in our early 20's so sight seeing wasn't at the top of our agenda. ;)

Did you manage to find a beautiful beach called Beach Daphne...?

Yep, getting to Dafni is a bit of an adventure but well worth it. It's also one of the turtle nest beaches so you'll find these dotted about:

web_1796.jpg

which reads:

web_1796crop.jpg

Beautiful pics, #1 is my favorite.

Do you have a pic of the platform you stood on??

OMG. I've been trying to offer more than a one word post on photo's these days but these are just OUTSTANDING!!!

Mick.

aah the memories! Went there on our honeymoon, cracking shot of the shipwreck. You have captured the colours well.

I too remember the fine gravelly beach! Hot! Hot! Hot! and murder to walk on!

Beautiful shots of what looks a beautiful place - no 1 is just stunning!

Back