Blue tit & Blackcap

Name
Rich
Edit My Images
Yes
He is getting a little braver now. After visiting the feeder he goes straight back into an Ivy covered Hawthorn just up in the woods, the exact same place which a pair were using last year, no sign of a female yet though. Any C&C appreciated as always, thanks for looking and hope you like.

IMG_2711_zps59c28496.jpg

IMG_2718_zpsd3d3a7c2.jpg

Two lovely shots, the Blue Tit is a little beauty.

I know I said I might have a go at this.
I don't think I'll bother now.....these are awesome. :clap:
:coat:

Not bad.

Agree Blackcap is superb!..Rich have you been pinching my perches?:thinking:
Nige.(y)

Two good ones Rich, the BC has the edge for me, nice to see you getting it right now :naughty: (y)

Two really nice tits.............

What's the point of these?

The only thing they do is convince me that there is absolutely no point in me having a go at bird photography because there is no way I could produce something anywhere near as nice as these.
Seriously though, I really like them. The composition is beautiful. Apart from being good shots of birds, they are worthy of a large print which I would hang on my wall.
Well done.

Gary, you can, with a little help,patience and guidance.

Strangely enough, the reason I first got into photography was when I was 8yrs old, and my neighbour took me to an island off the pembrokeshire coast called Grassholme.
He was working for the BBC, and his assignment was to photograph the gannets on the island.
I left school, went to college to do photography, and ended up as a medical photographer ! Sort of lost sight of the nature photography after that.
I have always admired wildlife photographers, and will one day have a go for myself.
To be able to produce work as good as some on this forum still is a goal for me, and I will have a go one day !
Although, I think I would have to look into a couple of courses first.

Love the BT shot (y)

Two good images with sharp detail.
The perch in #2 is a lovely piece of gnarly wood, but I think it overpowers the bird in the image, as I keep on looking at it rather then the bird.

Derek(y)

Thanks all for the kind comments. No Nige it aint one of your perches, most of your are lying on the floor due to excessive pruning :LOL: Gary, I could not equal the the quality of birds you shoot ;) But I am sure you will agree with a bit of practise we could both certainly improve oneach others genre (y)
Derek, I suppose I could have cropped more off of the perch to make it less obtrusive but tbh that one was set up to try and get one of the Magpies which are about or hopefully even the Woody.

oh i like that second perch Rich can I borrow it :p couple of lovely shots

What you mean it will look good with an Owl sat on it :LOL: It`s a piece of driftwood that someone had thrown out, I thought hello then I got a use for that :D The part on the left has a hollow which goes down in the wood quite a way, handy for a Peanut holder (y)

oh i like that second perch Rich can I borrow it :p couple of lovely shots

Kaz if Rich won't lend you is perch:nono: you can borrow one of mine any day i have a great selection:LOL:...lol Nige.

Two perfect shots of two wonderful looking birds, Rich. Fact, I have never seen a Blackcap.

The perches are in a class of their own.

Two perfect shots of two wonderful looking birds, Rich. Fact, I have never seen a Blackcap.

The perches are in a class of their own.

Thanks Graham, I hope the little guy gets sorted out with a partner, he has been singing his head off for the last couple of days.

Wonderful shots. The blackcap is super and a bird I'd like the chance to photograph.

Back