Blue Tit

Edit My Images
Yes
Blue Tit enjoying the sun, and unusually for Belvide it does not have a leg ring.

This image clearly shows how having the sun come over your shoulder at a slight angle to the bird really aids the definition of the bird, there is minimal sharpening on this shot.

The bird was fairly close so f7.1 increased the depth of focus enough to get most of the subject sharp, yet blur out the back ground (using 500mm + 1.4TC). Had I been using my 300mm f4 I could have achieved a similar result shooting wide open at f4.

176_091.jpg

1/1000 sec f7.1 ISO280

Changing your aperture certainly had the desired effect .. lovely and sharp throughout :clap:

What a cracker Martyn......love the colour and sharp as a tack (y)

John

Nice capture Martyn,superglue:D,thank you

Superglue indeed :LOL:

I would post my only attempt at a Snipe from Sunday, I just need to learn how to photoshop a big red arrow on the shot so you can see it (y)

Micloi feel free to edit it, beyond my ability :D

Nice one Martyn - excellent detail and tones.

Lovely capture Martyn, a nice light as well, quite a busy bg but imo I would not worry about a leaf too much :shrug:

Great shot :clap:
You have really captured the detail, especially the colouring.

Thats a stunning shot Martyn, wonderful detail :) , see what you mean about getting the light right;)
Pete

, see what you mean about getting the light right;)

Pete

(y)

Next tip ... watch the bird through the viewfinder, and wait until it turns its head to give a catch light in the eye, that little sparkle makes a lot of difference to a shot.

Back