Blue

Name
Gary
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi

I met Blue last week when I was plastering his owners Kitchen. After finishing the work I asked if I could maybe call back at the end of the week and try and get some portraits of Blue. It had been quite some time since I tried this.

His owner was more than happy to let me try.

Blue is a lovely cross Whippet I forget with what :-( He has a "Very" timid nature a blue bottle came in the room a few times that week and he ran off upstairs, which is most unusual.

Anyways I couldn't get any photos of him against my grey back drop but luckily I always take this black cloth along so managed to get something.

Apologies for the waffle just like to give some background into the photos.

As always feedback/critique is encouraged.

Thanks

Gaz

raHNvK4.jpg

ZJ7KH0x.jpg

4UDBl93.jpg

Very nice. Lovely clarity and focus spot on.
I like the black background, just enough definition with folds not to have Blue 'floating' in the air.
Maybe a grey background wouldn't have separated him so well?
Lovely work again.

Think those are very nice portraits , and was nice to read his background . I bet his owners were pleased . For my untrained eyes , the lighting is very nice .

That third picture is classic. As you may have noticed if you've followed the 52 challenge thread, I rather like pictures of dogs and these are delightful.

Why is it every photo I see you make makes me want to print it :)

That 1st image is screaming for a huge 16x22 print.

We need a "not worthy" emote. 2& 3 are a bit cramped for me, but #1 is just lovely.

They're all really lovely, but that 2nd shot is the stand out for me. Good catch light in the eyes, nothing looks blown out.

Very nice. Lovely clarity and focus spot on.
I like the black background, just enough definition with folds not to have Blue 'floating' in the air.
Maybe a grey background wouldn't have separated him so well?
Lovely work again.
Hi Paul.
I'm happy you can see the folds I was worried about the floating effect.
Your most likely correct as regards Blue blending into a grey background.
Think those are very nice portraits , and was nice to read his background . I bet his owners were pleased . For my untrained eyes , the lighting is very nice .
Hi thanks for taking the time to give some feedback.
The owner as not seen them yet but hopefully she will like them.
That third picture is classic. As you may have noticed if you've followed the 52 challenge thread, I rather like pictures of dogs and these are delightful.
Hi Martin
I have not looked at the 52 weeks thread but I most definitely will take a look at your dog images.
Thanks for the feedback.
Why is it every photo I see you make makes me want to print it :)

That 1st image is screaming for a huge 16x22 print.

We need a "not worthy" emote. 2& 3 are a bit cramped for me, but #1 is just lovely.
Hi Ian.
Thats great they make you feel that way :)

I do intend getting these three printed for the owner as a thank you for letting me practice.

I'm not sure she would want such a large photo but it wouldn't hurt to see one done that size.

Thanks again for all your feedback.

They're all really lovely, but that 2nd shot is the stand out for me. Good catch light in the eyes, nothing looks blown out.
Thanks Dominic

I am happy they have been recieved well on the forum.

It's seems quite split on which is the better of the three.

Gaz

Blue will be a Lurcher....

All the images are beautiful.
I just Googled Lurcher and Blue does indeed have the look of a Lurcher. Owner seemed to think he were a cross but hey ho.
Thanks for the info and feedback.
Much appreciated.
Gaz

I just Googled Lurcher and Blue does indeed have the look of a Lurcher. Owner seemed to think he were a cross but hey ho.
Thanks for the info and feedback.
Much appreciated.
Gaz
A lurcher is a cross between a greyhound/whippet and other breeds...

Excellent shots, Gary. All are good but the first and third are IMO the best.

Lurchers are a cross betwen a sighthound(any dog that hunts mainly by sight, eg greyhound, whippet, deerhound, afghan and many more) with another breed - often a sheepdog or terrier but can be anything.

Blue is a great looking dog, but I have a soft spot for lurchers in particular.

Dave

@Tringa

Hi Dave.

Great info on the breed. It is all new to me.

Thanks for the nod as to the better photos of the three.

I have sent off for some prints so maybe it will be easier to choose when I see them in the flesh.

Gaz

Just a quick update. I did get these printed. I framed the square cropped one "3" and dropped them off at the owners on my way home from work on Friday.
She was beside herself with them. Which was nice to see.

Thanks again to all whom gave feedback

Gaz

Back