Bluebell Railway Diesel Gala April 2015

LC2

Negan
Name
Tim
Edit My Images
Yes
Who would ever have thought that the Bluebell would hold an advertised Diesel Gala.
Between Friday 17th and Sunday 19th April the Bluebell played host to two giants of the Modernisation Era diesels.
D9009 - Alycidon and 55 019 Royal Highland Fusilier (Deltics, named after the configuration of their 2-Stroke Diesel engines).

Here are a few of my shots from the Sunday:

Week 15 - Sound
by timz2011, on Flickr

D9009 Alycidon
by timz2011, on Flickr

D9009 Alycidon
by timz2011, on Flickr

55 019 Royal Highland Fusilier
by timz2011, on Flickr

55 019 Royal Highland Fusilier
by timz2011, on Flickr

A surprise for a steam railway perhaps.
But many of us love a Deltic or two.

I do love a Deltic - fine shots!

Love Deltics as well. Would have gone to event if I had not been working. Wonder if they will hold another Deltic event.

So that's where Alycidon was going, she was sitting in York on the 14th with the engines running as my train went through.

Your first shot makes me wonder what the Deltics might have looked like in a polished bare metal "streamliner" finish.

Midland red thanks for the times will try to catch them between SnowHill and The Hawthorns from the Metro.

Trevor

Great set,Tim.

I've just looked at my Deltics I took a while back..4..in tow..visited Lydney,Forest of Dean.One looked like the green one here so I checked the number but mine is 0Z38. I'm not too much into diesels so the numbers don't meant much to me. Another was a Class 55 55019..'Royal Highland Fusilier'
I've just checked the date. May 29th. 2013.

0Z38 reads like a train reporting number/headcode, not an engine number. The 0 indicates light engine working (no train, only engine), the Z is a special use code used for irregular services/movements and 38 is a unique identifier for the movement.

There's a video on Youtube (www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9I1D72BLJk) which shows that reporting number being used on the date you mention by 55009, 33108,37521 and 55019 running light engine. 55009 is Alycidon, the green Deltic shown in the first post.

Thanks Alistair. I checked my photos after seeing the Youtube clip. These 4 travelled from a way off to Lydney and it must be the occasion you mentioned.
20z3crb.jpg

Back