Bluebell Railway, Sussex

I

Ian T

These were taken on New Year's Eve. A nice place to take photos, but unfortunately the main yard outside is now out of bounds thanks to health and safety legislation. It's a shame, as the railway seems to get less geared to railway enthusiasts and more towards tourists...

Dsc_0300.jpg

Dsc_0312.jpg

Dsc_0313.jpg

Dsc_0321.jpg

Dsc_0334.jpg

Nice set of atmospheric shots there. I remember chasing trains along that line a good few years back.

Ray

Wow, missed this thread before...

Great that you managed to get so close to the engines in the sheds, and like you say - a shame health and safety ruin the fun. I like number 3 the best, lovely lighting and composition.
Not sure about number 1 - the light/dark contrast is good, but it's a shame there's not a great deal of detail on the dials and controls in the shadows (though this could partly be down to my monitor...)

Thanks for the comments!

You can still get in the sheds, but not the yard. The first one I took by lifting my camera up onto the footplate and pushing it into the cab and hoping the picture would come out ok - unfortunately it was very dark up there and so the picture didn't come out brilliantly.

Yes, 3 was my favourite, and a nice opportunity. They were doing some welding underneath, and so had the lights set up.

Back