Bluebell

Name
Barbara
Edit My Images
No
Not quite sure what to think of this. I tried to go for a dreamy sort of look. I'm still experimenting with my Raynox lens, so not very proficient yet.

2436514423_dd4a529a22_o.jpg

lovely quality to this shot. Like the focus/depth of field, and the colour is superb. Cant wait to see the results when you become proficient (lol)

Firstly...the disclaimer I'm fairly new to this and this is my personal opinion only and is probably not a technically correct opinion - I find the foreground OOF petals distracting and they seam to draw my eyes away from the main subject to the top right hand corner of the picture, I'm not sure if this is because the tip of the petal is pointing out of the shot on one of the diagonals :shrug:.

Paul.

I like it as it is, the burst of pollen from the stamen is what I'm led to.

Give us a chance will ya. ;)

Its very nice, good use of dof, colours are sweet and just right. The only bit that bugs me is the darker stuff on right hand side which distracts my eye away from the area of interest.

Good shot. (y)
Thanks FB, I had a problem with the shadow on RH side as I am having to use my flash on camera, but I have ordered a remote sync lead and am waiting for it to arrive, so I hope that this will help.

Firstly...the disclaimer I'm fairly new to this and this is my personal opinion only and is probably not a technically correct opinion - I find the foreground OOF petals distracting and they seam to draw my eyes away from the main subject to the top right hand corner of the picture, I'm not sure if this is because the tip of the petal is pointing out of the shot on one of the diagonals :shrug:.

Paul.
Hi Paul, thanks for your opinion, you don't need to be an expert to comment. It's really just about what pleases your eye. I see what you mean but I have tried cropping the photo down and it doesn't seem to work, so maybe I will try cloning the foreground petals out and see how that goes,

I like it as it is, the burst of pollen from the stamen is what I'm led to.

Thanks, zarozinia. I'm glad you noticed the burst of pollen as that is what I was trying to capture.(y)

Nicely done Barbara, you are getting use to that Raynox. No exif data in the shot :( it's useful to see what setting you used to suggest any changes you might try. Lots of bluebell woods near me so must try and get out and do some woodlandscapes before it's too late. (y)

Nicely done Barbara, you are getting use to that Raynox. No exif data in the shot :( it's useful to see what setting you used to suggest any changes you might try. Lots of bluebell woods near me so must try and get out and do some woodlandscapes before it's too late. (y)

Hi Alby, here is my exif data. I shot it using my new SB600 flash, but still on camera as I am awaiting my remote sync lead.
Standard Information
Make: NIKON CORPORATION
Model: NIKON D40X
Software: Ver.1.00
ImageSize: 3904x2616
CreateDate: 2008:04:23 16:42:37
ModifyDate: 2008:04:23 16:42:37
DateTimeOriginal: 2008:04:23 16:42:37
ExposureTime: 1/200"
Aperture: F11.0
MaxAperture: F4.8
DepthOfFocus: 0.41 m (3.57 - 3.97)
CircleOfConfusion: 0.020 mm
HyperfocalDistance: 67.55 m
ExposureProgram: Manual
ExposureBiasValue: -1/3
MeteringMode: Multi-segment
Flash: Auto, Fired, Return detected
ISO: 200
WhiteBalance: Auto
FocalLength: 122.0 mm
FocalLength35efl: 122.0 mm (35 mm equivalent: 183.0 mm)
SensingMethod: One-chip color area
SceneType: Directly photographed
ColorSpace: sRGB
NoiseReduction: Off
Contrast: Normal
Saturation: Normal
Sharpness: Normal
ShutterCount: 854
LensSpec: 55-200mm f/4-5.6 G VR

Any suggestions gratefully accepted, Barbara

Looks all good to me Barbara, you will of course have more control once the flash is off camera. You can always play with a sheet of paper to bounce light onto the subject. I think you are doing great. (y)

Back