weekly bluebird14's 2012 52 "Direction added"

Name
Edward
Edit My Images
No
Being completely new to photography I feel I need some motivation to go out and take some pictures or at the very least carry my camera with me more often.

Ill try my best to make very week but being very busy might not have time to post but will do my best.

Ill also try and and stick to using my Canon 550d with either my 50mm 1.8 or the kit lens 18-55mm but if I have to will use my iphone or my sony point and shoot.

Due to the nature of what I do most my shots will probably be car related but Ill try and use this an opportunity to stray away from the norm and look at different subjects. Ill also aim on posting my weeks pictures at latest time possible to give me all the time I need to fully explore the theme

Last edited:
Welcome aboard Edward and good luck on this venture. ;)

Week 1 by raprager14, on Flickr

I took this in the van on the way to work in South Wales. Not my first choice of all the pictures I took but once I edited it a little I loved it. Was trying to get the motion blur of the road in the bottom of the frame got a little but not as much as I wanted. Due to being in a van along a bumpy road I had to have the shutter a tad higher. Considering it was also taken through a dirty windshield with the wipers on (was also raining) Im really happy with it :)

If you dont like it please say why, Im here to learn :)

I like the idea behind your photograph Edward but feel it needs more of a focal point within the image. Maybe another vehicle rounding that bend would help. It does have a nice lead in with the road drawing the viewers eye in and making them wonder what is around the corner. Good start though, I look forward to seeing how your thread progresses. Iain

Hi Edward...welcome to the madhouse of 52'ers :LOL:

Liking the image....fits the theme spot on ,a sense of movement but not too much , given the conditions you were shooting in I think it's come out really well....find myself wondering where the road leads & I like just the hint of color above the tree line (y)

Great start...look forward to seeing your next 51 weeks (y)

I like the idea behind your photograph Edward but feel it needs more of a focal point within the image. Maybe another vehicle rounding that bend would help.Iain

I agree. I used the tree on the corner to focus this one by the looks of it. Was very surprised how quick the auto focus was. I was using my nifty-fifty! I did take some with cars but they were awful because they all had there headlight son by this point.

Liking the image....fits the theme spot on ,a sense of movement but not too much , given the conditions you were shooting in I think it's come out really well....find myself wondering where the road leads & I like just the hint of color above the tree line (y)

It was shot just around sunset and hadn't noticed the hint of red above the tree line until I processed the RAW image. One of the reasons I chose this one over the others.

I like this one and its a good start to your challenge.

The road leads your eye into the picture and makes you want to see around the corner! It could possibly be improved by seeing a little more of the road around the corner but thats easier said than done especially in a moving vechicle.

Well done and I look forward to seeing your next ones!!

Hi, Edward, now I like this one.

No real focus point, doesn't bother me at all, in fact I prefer it that way some times and this is one of them.

It has a very Chainsaw Massacre feel to it. The calmness is almost overpowering and really adds to the tension. Muted colours also add to the photograph.

Tad off the top would make it a great photograph.

Keep 'em coming.

Cheers.

Hi Edward...welcome to the madhouse of 52'ers :LOL:

Great start...look forward to seeing your next 51 weeks (y)

:plus1: Welcome Edward, and a great start. Look forward to seeing your future pics (y)

Good start and I get the direction you were capturing. I agree with you about getting a tad more motion blur. I think this would have added to it.

Hi Edward, I like it. It makes me want to know what's around the corner and it has come out well considering the conditions.

Look forward to seeing more as the year goes :)

A good start. It has an almost tilt-shift effect :)

Remember, the best camera is the one you have with you. I highly doubt all my photos for the challenge will be taken with my dslr. In fact I plan on using my dslr, phone, compact, oly trip and one of my slr's during my 52 :D

Good luck with the project, I look forward to seeing the other 51!

This weeks theme seems pretty appropriate! Im currently revising for exams at uni and the word fear sums up a lot of what Im feeling! :D

I haven't decided how Im going to capture this and as I will be revising non stop till next fri I may submit a bit late. Im keeping my camera with me in my bag so Im sure Ill get something! WATCH THIS SPACE! lol

It fits the theme, and you've done well, given the conditions... It's hard to see the point of focus in it, and the motion blur in the tree background does funny things to my eyes, but I think it works.

Back