Bluetooth Headphones

Oh. I did find another massive list which tells you which imacs support which bluetooth...

Thank Suz.

Mine is 4.2. Looking at that list, it seems that only the new 2020 Macbook Airs, the latest Mac Minis and Mac Pros support Bluetooth 5.0

All that said, I bit the bullet and ordered the 350BT Sennheisers last night. I think I was looking for an excuse to get something a little better. They arrived this morning but I've only just had a chance to try them out. I tried the with the show I was watching on Netflix yesterday and there is no noticeable lag which was surprising given the, despite checking Force use of aptX in Bluetooth Explorer, Bluetooth shows the Active Codec as Not active. :thinking:

Screenshot 2020-07-03 at 15.25.13.jpg

Last edited:
Glad it worked! But it might be worth pursuing the codec issue simply because AAC or aptX should give you better sound.

Glad it worked! But it might be worth pursuing the codec issue simply because AAC or aptX should give you better sound.

I would but i'm not sure how. Fjiollowing the video in Suz's link should've worked nut, as you can see, it hasn't.

The headphones are way more comfortable than the £20 ones btw

Glad you're sorted, Marc. Extra comfort is a handy bonus that makes the extra expenditure even more worth it! Beats leaving any cash left over to the kids cats' home...

I would but i'm not sure how. Fjiollowing the video in Suz's link should've worked nut, as you can see, it hasn't.
Me neither. Other people seem to have had this issue, but I can't see a clear resolution:

From these threads you might try playing audio while looking at that setting, switching from the headphone microphone to the Mac's, using the command line interface or a different version of BT Explorer, etc.

I've always liked Sennheiser stuff. The last time I bought something else, a cheap pair of no-name noise-cancelling phones, they worked pretty well until the day they self-destructed when I was wearing them - a fragile plastic part snapped with a loud crack when the headband was under tension (and my head isn't that big!).

From these threads you might try playing audio while looking at that setting, switching from the headphone microphone to the Mac's, using the command line interface or a different version of BT Explorer, etc.

Ah, of course. just checked again whilst playing Netflix and and it now shows as aptX. (y)

I've always liked Sennheiser stuff. The last time I bought something else, a cheap pair of no-name noise-cancelling phones, they worked pretty well until the day they self-destructed when I was wearing them - a fragile plastic part snapped with a loud crack when the headband was under tension (and my head isn't that big!).

Yes, I do like Sennheisers. A few years, I got an HTC phone and it came with the worst headphones I'd ever seen/heard. I had an Amazon voucher at the time and I bought myself a Sennheiser set. They're still in my desk drawer at work, gathering dust which is a shame.

For anybody else’s reference. These two are good values Bluetooth headphones on eBay. I’ve used the seller before. He does have some more Plantronics headsets though I have only tried the 500’s. bargain at £20.

Ps. You won’t go wrong with a pair of sennheisers. I’ve had my hd25’s for 25 years and still going strong!

002693DE-C4CE-4F4E-A3DB-0B4331D9824D.jpeg

Rather than start a new thread, a question for anyone here with Sennheiser HD 350BTs.

How accurate is the battery indicator on the app. The reason I ask is that I've had them a little over 2 weeks now and I've used them a lot. It's supposed to have a 30 hour battery life yet it's showing as 80% yet I've used them for way more than the 5 hours that would represent. Also, they were at 80% when I checked las week and I've used them for a number of hours since.

So far no Bluetooth device of mine with a battery indicator has been anything like accurate. Example : My Trekz headphones go from 100% to 90 quickly then stay at 90 until digital Doris starts shouting "charge me" when they say 30... After 20 or so minutes Doris gets the hump and they switch off. If I turn them back on: 20 and they turn off instantly.

So far no Bluetooth device of mine with a battery indicator has been anything like accurate. Example : My Trekz headphones go from 100% to 90 quickly then stay at 90 until digital Doris starts shouting "charge me" when they say 30... After 20 or so minutes Doris gets the hump and they switch off. If I turn them back on: 20 and they turn off instantly.

Yeah, I figured it might be something like that.

Really pleased with the headphones though.

Just to bump this thread again

I bought an iPad a little while ago and tried to pair the headphones to it. Everything went smoothly, except for the fact that they just won't work. The headphones show as connected in the bluetooth settings but the sound is coming from the iPad, not the headphones. Also, they don't automatically connect to my phone or iMac anymore.

Try
- Removing them from the device list
- Reset the headphones (if possible)
- Re-pair

If that doesn’t work, have you got another device that you can pair the headphones with to test?

Try
- Removing them from the device list
- Reset the headphones (if possible)
- Re-pair

If that doesn’t work, have you got another device that you can pair the headphones with to test?
Have tried removing, don't know how to reset, and no, no other devices.

Can you connect them in Control Panel dropdown?

Yes. No problem connecting them.
I only have iOS BT devices and I find they show as ”connected” in ”Settings” on several devices while only “active” (if thats the right word) in one. and I may have to choose them in the relevant Control Panel :(.

Back