Bluetooth on Windows 10

Name
Mike
Edit My Images
Yes
What do I need or how do I enable Bluetooth on my Windows 10 computer please?

I've got a good set of Bluetooth headphones that I use with my TV and all I had to do was pair the headphones with the TV. I often catch up with YT videos late in the evening and the headphones seem a good idea for not disturbing anyone else in the house.

Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated.

just check if you have bluetooth on your PC/Laptop , some do some don't, If not you need a dongle

Brilliant, that was quick, thanks for the help. It looks as though it's like the plug in dongle I use for my wireless keyboard and mouse.

Ah! then maybe you just(?) need to go into Bluetooth settings and audio settings to do what you wish to do. ..........if the adaptor you have already can work with multiple device connections including audio?

Just looked in Device Manager and there's no Bluetooth shown in there at all so I guess I need to go down the dongle route. Is it as simple as going on Amazon and keying in Bluetooth adapter? Just wondering if there are different types at all.

Just looked in Device Manager and there's no Bluetooth shown in there at all so I guess I need to go down the dongle route. Is it as simple as going on Amazon and keying in Bluetooth adapter? Just wondering if there are different types at all.

I am none too sure but a couple I looked at in passing only mentioned their use as keyboard and mouse connection ones that is why I suggested checking to see whether the dongle you have might 'work'.

Hence altered search criteria to be for headphone adapter. So check the specs, if necessary by going to the makers website for possibly the fuller details and maybe the user manual to read, to be sure it will work as a Bluetooth headphones adapter?

This one works very well with headphones.

1mii B10 USB Bluetooth 5.0 Audio Transmitter for Windows, Mac, Linux, PS4, Bluetooth Dongle Adapter for PC, Pair 2 Headphones Speakers Simultaneously, Plug and Play, aptX Low Latency(Only for Audio): Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

Note that it WON'T work with keyboards etc and that the price was nothing like that when I bought one :) It's a little bit odd because it doesn't show up as BT but as a sound card which means that there is 0 install - literally plug and play, Works beautifully with AptX headphones.

If you want regular does it all BT then maybe this

Avantree DG40S Bluetooth USB Adapter for PC Laptop Computer Desktop, Bluetooth Dongle for Bluetooth Headset, Speaker, Keyboard, Mouse and More, Support All Windows 10 8.1 8 7 XP Vista: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

with most BT (including probably the Avantree) there can be a small audio delay. No worries at all for music but can be disorienting for video conferencing. If that bothers you and you have headphones that support low latency then go for the first one,

I am none too sure but a couple I looked at in passing only mentioned their use as keyboard and mouse connection ones that is why I suggested checking to see whether the dongle you have might 'work'.

Hence altered search criteria to be for headphone adapter. So check the specs, if necessary by going to the makers website for possibly the fuller details and maybe the user manual to read, to be sure it will work as a Bluetooth headphones adapter?
Thanks for all the help. I can see there are different types on Amazon. I'll have a good look before I order one.

This one works very well with headphones.

1mii B10 USB Bluetooth 5.0 Audio Transmitter for Windows, Mac, Linux, PS4, Bluetooth Dongle Adapter for PC, Pair 2 Headphones Speakers Simultaneously, Plug and Play, aptX Low Latency(Only for Audio): Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

Note that it WON'T work with keyboards etc and that the price was nothing like that when I bought one :) It's a little bit odd because it doesn't show up as BT but as a sound card which means that there is 0 install - literally plug and play, Works beautifully with AptX headphones.

If you want regular does it all BT then maybe this

Avantree DG40S Bluetooth USB Adapter for PC Laptop Computer Desktop, Bluetooth Dongle for Bluetooth Headset, Speaker, Keyboard, Mouse and More, Support All Windows 10 8.1 8 7 XP Vista: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

with most BT (including probably the Avantree) there can be a small audio delay. No worries at all for music but can be disorienting for video conferencing. If that bothers you and you have headphones that support low latency then go for the first one,
Brilliant, thank you for all the help and the links. Really appreciated.

This is the type of adapter I've had most success with:

Windows sees it as a USB audio device rather than a Bluetooth device (transmission is over Bluetooth, but this is handled by the dongle rather than Windows, and Bluetooth drivers aren't required). I think this is similar to the B10 audio-only dongle that Jonathan links - both of them can use aptX if your headphones support it.

This is the type of adapter I've had most success with:

Windows sees it as a USB audio device rather than a Bluetooth device (transmission is over Bluetooth, but this is handled by the dongle rather than Windows, and Bluetooth drivers aren't required). I think this is similar to the B10 audio-only dongle that Jonathan links - both of them can use aptX if your headphones support it.
Thanks for the help and the link to the dongle. Really appreciated.

Most laptops should have a Bluetooth transmitter built into the wireless card. You just need to make sure you have the correct driver for your card.

Back