blur plane

Name
SJ
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi am still a noob togger and being trying to play with different ideas did this on Saturday and getting mixed reviews about it so wonder what people here thought

DSC_0302.jpg

Focus is obviously on the spike of the front of a plane, its not a bullet as some have said lol, although that would have been good.

C&C very welcome

Stiglet

Sorry - does not work for me.
Perhaps if a little more was in focus.

ok thanks, as said newbie and to be honest i wasnt sure stook it on fb and it kept getting varying comments from cool/amazing to why is it blurry?, is it possible to still keep the focus on the end but lessen the blur behind it?

Nice idea but not for me, too much out of focus, maybe something in between would look good, where these taken at cosford by any chance ?

I think its a great idea that you experimenting and pushing the boundaries of what you shoot but for me this shot doesn't really work, you have the background with nice blur but the tip of the refueling lance? doesnt have enough impact to be isolated on its own,

For this shot reversing what you have done (having the main body of the plane in focus, with the refueling lance blurred) would probably hold the attention more effectively.

Carry on experimenting and get some more shots up soon

Cheers

Andy

I think its a great idea that you experimenting and pushing the boundaries of what you shoot but for me this shot doesn't really work, you have the background with nice blur but the tip of the refueling lance? doesnt have enough impact to be isolated on its own,

For this shot reversing what you have done (having the main body of the plane in focus, with the refueling lance blurred) would probably hold the attention more effectively.

Carry on experimenting and get some more shots up soon

Cheers

Andy

completely agree with this comment mate keep at it, good attempt and try the reverse of what you done and you will definately be onto a winner :D

Callum

I think its a great idea that you experimenting and pushing the boundaries of what you shoot but for me this shot doesn't really work, you have the background with nice blur but the tip of the refueling lance?

This is the tip of the pitot probe!;)

Good effort with the shot, but there is too much background clutter in the hanger to effectively break the jet out.

Cheesy

completely agree with this comment mate keep at it, good attempt and try the reverse of what you done and you will definately be onto a winner :D

Callum

Me2 I agree with Andy and Callum. Nice and interesting, keep on it (y)

I too like it but maybe a little less blur but excellent try at something different.

By the way it looks like a chrome Blackbird (SR-71)

Last edited:
Well, I am going to stick my neck out and disagree with everyone here so far. I like it, lots. It works very well and is great to see you trying something different.

I think it could be further improved if there were a way to enhance even more, the 'bullet' like tip of the plane and further separate that from the rest of the image. Could be confused with a trick shot, when it isn't.

Nice one... :)

Oh wow Thanks for all the replies, yeah am still leaning towards not sure on liking it.

And yes it is RAF Cosford..GREAT place to go (and free) but terrible for taking pictures of things, bad lighting and everything crammed into hangers, plus general public getting in the way as usual..lol

I didn't get much there that was just basically a memento type photo of interesting planes and tanks.

This is the shot I took on the reverse side of what people have suggested, dont think this worked either tbh, just too much stuff in the background.

DSC_0298.jpg

What I was quite chuffed with was we went there as a car club thingy and I got this shot in the car park (just before security arrived lol)

DSC_0396.jpg

Am Happy with it but feel free to C&C as well lol

Thanks again and yeah, I have got the principle to experiement and learn from it.

Stigletx

p.s. Keep resizing my images and still keep coming up massive..am doing it wrong :(

Last edited:
Back